1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My New G&L L2500 Trib!!! WOW!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Trevorus, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    This thing is hot, and it has sound options galore!!!

GL2500FullWeb.

GL2500Body2Web.

GL2500BodyWeb-1.

It has labella tapewounds on it, and it is versatile. I'll have to see how my D'Addarios sound on it... yummy...

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Glad you like it. Tributes are fantastic basses for the money. I think USA G&Ls are better, but they are close to 3X the price for about 1.75X the performance of a Tribute.:cool:

3. Ooh, I really want one of those, especially in that cool blueburst.

I'd set it up with some bright roundwounds to get some funky noises out of it.

4. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    Wait until you put some new strings on it. :hyper: wink2.

Jim

5. I'm curious, have you owned both? How exactly do you qualify 1.75x the performance? I don't want to buy a bass that's only half as good as the same bass made in the US when they're only 1.5x the price used.

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I have owned both Tributes and USA G&L basses. What I really mean is that USA G&LS are better, but it is a case of dimishing returns. The improvements of USA G&Ls over Tributes are pretty subtle: USA basses have quatersawn, bi-cut necks, they have clearner pots and better built neck joints, they come with nicer finishes and better quality wood. These improvements give the USA basses a better feel and a better sound, but the the improvements are necessarily worth it to someone on a budget. The good thing is G&Ls have pretty low resale value, so you can get great USA basses for 50-65% of the price of a new USA G&L.:)

7. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    How about a better look at that grain? :D
    Glad you like her Trevorus, she's a beast!

L2500FRONT-1.

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I can tell you fretwork would probably be better. The frets are sprouting just a bit, which is nothing that I cannot handle. Little bit of fine sandpaper on a block, and some slow, steady hands, and it's great. I've had to do it on a USA Cirrus NT, it happens.

I'm playing it at church tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes!

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Yeah, Wade, it's great, and thanks for the pics!!!

BTW, your bass is packed up and ready to fly. I'll shoot you the tracking no. when I get it.

10. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    That bass is awesome - I've not seen a blueburst with maple combo. Very nice! Sounds fantastic, too...

11. Thanks for the insight Doc.

12. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Yeah, Wade's pic makes that bass look a lot better. ;) Congrats.

13. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    yum,,,daddy like...good lookin bass Trev

14. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Yeah, I have a CRAPPY camera...

15. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Here's the best my cam can do:

[​IMG]

16. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Watch out you'll blow a speaker out with that thing..:bassist:

Tribute is a great bass. I use to have one awhile back...I'm going to have to get me another one later on down the road.

That blue burst with maple is just toooooo sexy!!!!!!

17. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    What's the bass sound like with the labella tapes? I love my L2500 (USA) but TI flats just aren't cutting it for me, and I was going to go back to rounds. I have the tapes on my Rob Allen (of course) and they're really cool, but I have no idea what they sound like with mags (or feel like over frets).

18. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    I really like the look of these basses, and the specs and prices are really good. I'm trying to get a friend who's in the market to go looking for one (L2000) to give it a try myself. This is big from a decidedly non Fender fan.

Enjoy yours.

19. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    The only Fender remotely like the G&L L2000 is a Roscoe Beck. Here's My Blueburst baby:

[​IMG]

20. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    It's far more Fender like (and comes from a company Leo started) than my preferences for say my Alembic or Status basses. Meant to be a compliment.