Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new G&L L2500!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lorenzini, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    My newest has just come in. G&L Tribute L2500! Beautiful bass.. Got it off of fellow TB'er Roscoe5, wonderful to work with.

The bass itself is awesome. Its low end is so beautifully CLEAR. Actually the perfect bass to complement my Deluxe Jazz 5'er.

BTW Natural finish, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. :hyper:

My fingers will be pleading for a rest for the next few days. :bassist:

Pics tomorrow.

2. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.

BUT I WANNA C THEM NOW!!

What are you doing online? You just got a new bass! Go play before we give you a time out!

3. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    here you can look at mine until Lorenzini gets his pix posted.
    L2500

4. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, that's just like my bass. Now I must get pictures on this thread, so they can be.. mates.

5. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Congrats man, The G&L Tribute L-2500 is a great bass. I treaded two guitars, and a Squire p-bass to get mine. And don't regreat it one bit.

6. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    :D

7. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Dude!! :eek:

I was doing a search on G&L and saw the FS: thread....Man you got that bass at a freaken Steel.... An even bigger Congrats for the bass know....

I have a little envy now I love the Natural look for bass.

8. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Glad you're loving the G&L Tribute L2500 Matt. It's a privilege being a part of the TB community and dealing people like you too. You were GREAT to work with as well. Thanks! And I benefitted by scoring a new Lakland DJ5 Skyline that I equally love. Everybody wins!

Check out my DJ5 thread: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166357

9. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Here they are!
    Night time lamp lighting and less-than-stellar backdrop and all, still a sweet bass.

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice bass! That chair looks comfy too.

11. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Ha!
    Yes it is actually.. Very smooshy, if that's a word. :ninja:

12. I played a tribute four and it blew me away, I loved it...I'm sure th 5 is just as good if not better...congrats!!!!

13. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Thats a really nice bass man...I play an older G&L L2000. I picked it up recently, I believe mine is an early 80's, because of the 3 bolt black neck plate. The thing absolutely rips. Anyway, I found one clean sound i really like on it...but i want to also get a tighter more compressed sound for certain songs. I know you can get a wide range of sounds out of that bass...Maybe some of you G&L players could advise me how to tweak it properly?

14. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    more pictures