Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Girlfriend...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by just_a_poser, Jul 30, 2002.

1. just_a_poser

just_a_poser

Apr 20, 2002
    Ibanez 406

My dad got it for me used. It's in the music shop, it needs to be restrung and other such stuff, but by tomorrow night I should be playing it, and I will be happy. I'm exciting so I thought I'd let you all know. :-D

And this strays away, but what are some good funk tunes to learn. I want to play some and sing 'Who's got the funk?...Matt's got the funk, YEAH!' Hahah. I'm a dork.

Oh yeah, what should I name her? I decided it should be a her too. But if you don't think so tell me why. I'm thinking either Morgan or Emily. I'll have to wait till I play her...

2. shes a keeper

i wonder how tight her G-string is...? :D

3. And this strays away, but what are some good funk tunes to learn. I want to play some and sing 'Who's got the funk?...Matt's got the funk, YEAH!

Try "Drop it in the Slot" by Tower of Power. Or any TOP with Rocco on bass.
    Or anything by Parliament, even early stuff by Bootsy before Parliament!

Oh yeah, what should I name her?

Ibanez - made in Mexico - I suggest Margarita!!

BTW - congrats, very nice bass. Make sure you add it to your profile, man.

4. just_a_poser

just_a_poser

Apr 20, 2002
    >>
    Ibanez - made in Mexico - I suggest Margarita!!

That's so much more logical than my theory of, girls I like. Heheh.

Thank you much. I still cannot believe that I got one. I actually have something nice to put in my profile other than my really generic not that great Crate. Yay!

And I'll check out some of their stuff. Thanks. I really don't listen to any funk, but I think I'd like it if I did.

5. I was talking to you about it on AIM, but I didn't know it was a 6 string. I'd name it Chic. 1) It's a girl and 2) It'll get chics.:p Nice bass dude, enjoy.

6. I LOVE NEW GIRLFRIENDS.......................