My new, golden, G&L LB-100!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Phyrexian, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Hey dudes,

my new (NOS) 1993/1994 G&L LB-100 arrived last week. I ordered it through MetroGnomeMusic's eBay Store; my first order in the USA (I live in Belgium).

Take a look at the pictures from the auction... I'll take some pics myself really soon. I've never seen this gold finish before. It's not a 'flake' finish but more somekinda 'sparkle'. Quite rare I think? No?

Anyways, this isn't my first G&L. I also play a very nice L-2000. Because I always play the neck pickup in my band, I wanted to try a Precision-type bass. Well this LB-100 sounds really thick. I love the sound. Not very versatile but I love the 'one' sound it delivers... Punch and big bottom. Less hot and aggressive than the L2K but still powerful.

The neck-feel is quite similar to the L-2000. Although the sides of the frets on the LB-100 stick out a little more. Goldie has some noise problems though. There's always this constant hum... how come? Bad shielding?

2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Pretty nice NOS score, dig the color.
    Rarcauto1 likes this.
  3. lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
  5. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    G&L didn't shield the LB-100 at all back in the 90s. That color was called Gold Metallic and I love it - congrats! They discontinued that color right after the JB model was introduced, I ordered one that color.
    SirMjac28 likes this.
  6. Hello Bart. G&L does not shield their basses. So a good luthier can put copper shielded tape to get rid of the human. You have a very Beautiful bass here!
  7. Humm not human.
  8. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    very nice, i am lucky enough to have a black one with black pickups and the maple neck
  9. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Wow that is gorgeous and looks better than new. I would re-hydrate the bass before you get the file out here's a quick way.