My new green Lull!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkycarnivore, Feb 14, 2002.

1. I got this Lull Modern 5 from eBay. It's green and it has green SimS LED's! It just showed up today and it is spectacular!
    (sorry, tried to get the LED's in the photos--my digital camera hates no flash in the dark)
  2. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    even if here in italy i have never seen a Lull i have to say that they have great ideas. They make this great moern bass and they have really good looking vintage too. i personally love the P5!
    and by the way , funky, your bass is a beauty!
  3. Nice bass!

The color is identical to a quilt maple Sadowsky guitar that I have. See pics in link below. The pics are paler than the real life color which is a vibrant traffic light green.
  4. WOW!

Green is so sexy on basses. Not to mention that Lulls are sexy by default.

Awesome bass!
  5. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    From this moment on, we are mortal enemies! :mad:

DAMN that's nice. Dude, if you ever get tired of that, email me with a price!
  6. Guess what Woodchuck? You'll probably get an e-mail in a few days, if I know funkycarnivore. He seems to be changing basses the same pace I change underwear. ;)

And funky! No offense! I'm just a bit jealous, that's all. :D

Sure wish I was in your shoes right now, even though I wouldn't have parted with that greenburst Brubaker. I liked that better than your new Lull. Your Mileage Probably Vary, but i prefer the vintage looking Lulls to the modern ones.
    And keep the pictures of your ever changing arsenal coming.
    Frustrating? Maybe.
    Enjoyable? Oh aye! Most definately! There's nothing quite like looking at a nice bass.

7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm happy for you Funky.
    OTOH, my GAS hates you with a passion.

How about givin' me that Ritter in trade for a MTD K5, eh? ;)
  8. Hey, my Ritter is gone! I traded it to a friend for a Ken Smith CR5M and some dough. I was too scared to take that thing out in public--a little too beautiful for me.

I've had my MTD 535 since November; not bad for me!
  9. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    wow funky, that green is stunning! and in a five.... mmmmmmmmmmmm........

10. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I don't normally care for green basses, but that one is sweet! The green LED's set it off quite nicely. Beautiful liquid maple top, too.

The top on my P5 is pretty nice, but hard to see through the dark blue finish.
  11. Here's a picture of the ash body--I like how it was cut in the centre and bookmatched into a chevron. All this work for the back of a bass is very impressive.
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    ...grr...My GAS wants to know where you live. It will hunt you down like a wounded deer, and TAKE your bass.

All your bass are belong to MY GAS
  13. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    One word:

14. You do know that the Dutch word "lul" is an.... other word for.... well.... the male appendix...

Do you?

I've always found the name Lull to sound a bit... funny.

Heheheh, Dutch profanity isn't censored :eek: . Maybe it should be :D
  15. G

Apr 12, 2000
    Funky, nice bass. If you do get tired of that one as well, I'm way interested.
  16. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I'll bet that is the exact same green that is on my custom Jazz which is pictured here. That picture is very pale and does absolutely no justice to the color of my bass, due to the fact that it was overcast that day. Your pics actually look much closer to the color of my jazz than mine does.

I know Lull uses the Wilkins shop just like Pink did. (It's the best in the business - used by most of the Lulls, Sadowskys, and Andersons out there) When I got mine painted I told the shop to mention the Lull ads in BP magazine for a reference to the green I wanted and the paint shop responded that they did Lull basses and knew exactly what I was talking about

17. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hee hee

funky's got a weener bass! funky's got a weener bass!!

18. Hey, ain't no shame in owning a phallic bass.
  19. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    L*ll bass (censored)

what? FC getting a new nice bass? that is something you dont see everyday do you?