Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new group!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by beermonkey, Nov 18, 2002.

1. beermonkey

beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I am lucky enough to be playing with a new band that is one of the most musically gratifying things I've ever done. Our first gig is this New Year's Eve opening for the mighty Mike Keneally Band. If you live in the Seattle area, it would be grand of you to come out to About the Music (www.aboutthemusic.net) and see the show. It promises to be a grand night.

Our band officially has a name now, we are called "Yogi & Half Zaftig". Sound samples can be heard at www.wonky.net. Alas, it is not me playing on the recordings, it is the bass monster Bryan Beller (who is Mike Keneally's bass player).

I was introduced to Yogi by Beller the last time he and Keneally were in town doing an acoustic duo for a Taylor Guitar clinic. I am giddy beyond words about this project. Yogi is a scary-good guitar player/song writer/musician and the drummer in the group is Chris G.. he's out of this world.

Anyways, I just had to share my new gig info with the rest of the class. :)

-Brian