Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my new hevos mini rig?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by emielow, Aug 10, 2005.

1. emielow

emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    i just sold my old amp, and now im planning to buy a better one.

i live in the netherlands, and they make hevos amps. www.hevos.nl does anybody has experience with those amps?

i'm planning to buy the new 400d amp, wich has 400 watt@4ohm and 550 watt@2ohm.

i will add an 2x10 hevos cabinet, wich is 400watt @ 4 ohm.
    maybe after a while i'll add another one, so they both will get 275 watt from the poweramp (?)

my question, is this a good idea? is a 400watt 2x10 amp enough? ( i do not play in stadiums :D ) will it be as loud as my old amp ? (hartke 3500 amp + 4x10 XL box?)

2. Antonius

Antonius

Nov 26, 2002
    NL
    I own two Hevos Midget cabs (single 10"), tried them with their older 400B amp (cannot afford to buy new amp as well, so I don't have my own Hevos amp). They are compact, good build quality and go rediculously loud for their size. The Hevos amps are pretty neutral and remarkably quiet, a distinct difference with my Trace AH200. My cabs are wonderful, can handle lots of power and sound great to me. People tend to come up to me and tell me how good my rig sounds, this rarely happened before.

Hard for us to tell if such a rig would be loud enough, though I'm pretty sure any Hevos rig will sound very different from your Hartke and I would think it will be heard at least as good as your old rig. If that one was loud enough, any Hevos rig will do as well.

I would advise you to go there and try some different Hevos cabs if you can. Although all are good in their own way, they are definitely different. Check for yourself which one you like most.

3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I've never heard of that brand, their website looks very good...buy some hevos and let us know how you like ti!

4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    From what Tom Bowlus has said here about the Hevos Midget, if their 210 is close to two Midgets in output volume (which seems logical to assume), I think you'll be very impressed with the results.

That should be an awesome sounding system.

You should be fine.

P.S. Be sure to give us a report on how it works out for you.
    I wish it were easier to get Hevos stuff here in the USA.

5. emielow

emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    if i have it, i'm sure gonna post it around here

6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yup. I agree with Antonius. The Midget 1x10 is just unbelievably loud for its size and configuration. I have done a very loud rock practice with just the Midget and my Walter Woods Ultra, and even hitting the low B pretty hard, it kept up with a Marshall half stack just fine. I would love to hear some of their larger cabs.

Ain't that the truth!

Tom.