1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

my new hofner shorty

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pcake, Apr 16, 2016.

1. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    as some of you may recall, i got a hofner shorty with serious buzz and some other issues, so i sent it back to AMS. the folks at AMS really stepped up to the plate -the rep i talked made a note so that a higher-up tech would check out the replacement bass before shipping it. then they over-nighted it to me, which probably cost more than they make on it.

so the replacement is here. no issues, nothing missing, no buzz. it's not the lightest shorty - some are around 4 pounds, while this one is 5.4 pounds, but i can live with that. sounds pretty good, actually, neck is chunkier than my mikros. body is deep but so small! great if you have shoulder issues like i do.

sorry the pics are dark, but so was the room.

CatSquare, 2cooltoolz, A.K. and 5 others like this.
  2. nixdad

nixdad Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Congrats & enjoy!

pcake likes this.
  3. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Awwww! So cute!

I really like those little basses. The fact it's also such a departure on the part of Höfner only makes it doubly clever on their part, and more fun to own one.

Play it well. I admire the fact you're not willing to let your shoulder troubles pull you off the field without a fight. Go girl! Keep on playing! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

pcake likes this.
  4. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    thank you - it's been a challenge at times, but one that's worth working at. i love playing the bass :)

5. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

I think all of us here love the thought that, despite everything, you are still playing bass.

Hey, we're bass players! We take take our inspiration wherever we can get it.

So thank you too! :thumbsup:

pcake likes this.
  6. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    How is it a departure? It's a modified reissue.

bas36e.

40Hz and pcake like this.
  7. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

LOL! :roflmao::thumbsup:

8. LowNloud1

LowNloud1

Jun 11, 2012
    Wilmington NC
    Glad to hear you got the issue with the bass resolved. Congrats on getting a Hofner!

Rocker949 likes this.
  9. axesword

axesword

Feb 14, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I'm glad they came through for you!

10. axesword

axesword

Feb 14, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I wonder if AMS could obtain the Root Beer colored one...

11. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    i don't think hofner still makes root beer. that would have been the color of my choice, too. but ask - you never know.

axesword likes this.
  12. axesword

axesword

Feb 14, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I was wondering about stripping one down and doing a clear cherry red like the EB-0 has... I honestly think that my bass guitar obsession is more to do with aesthetics then playing them!

13. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    good idea, that.

14. 30 years sooner (when the Shorty range was first introduced) and you would've been able to buy a Shorty bass kit without finish! ;)

axesword likes this.
  15. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    drat! i'm 30 years too late...