1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new IBanez BTB 1205E.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by willsellout, Nov 3, 2006.

1. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm not sure why Ibanez sometimes gets a bad rap, but this bass is beautiful in every aspect. My only complaint is it's a little bit heavy but it hangs well on you and it actually feels like a 34" rather than a 35". The neck is slim, fairly wide and supremely playable. The tone is exactly what I was looking for. It's versatile and can go from balls to the wall to very smooth with very little adjustment. For reference I have owned several high end basses including USA MTD and a Hanewinckel. And although the Hanewinckel kicks this basses ass in playability and tone, I much prefer this bass to the MTD. IMO for a grand, you can't get much better.

Dan

2. what... no picture?

3. I owned a BTB1206E for about 6 months and I loved it. You're right when you say that it feels very much like a 34'' scale instrument. It also does balance and play very well.

The reason I sold my BTB was ultimately because of the weight, and the Bartolini pickups and electronics. They were a little too timid for the work I was doing at the time. They are excellent basses though! Please post some pictures in the Ibanez club thread found in my signature ^_^

4. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I will definitely post some pics. We just had a baby so I am a little busy with her:D

Dan