Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new Ibanez SR1205

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Plowboy22, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Plowboy22

Plowboy22 Guest

Sep 27, 2004
    Sarasota, Florida
    I just got my new Ibanez. It is a 95' SR1205 5-piece maple/walnut neck thru body with maple sides. I got off ebay in mint and yes I mean mint condition (very minor wear on the bridge and tuning keys) The body and neck finish are perfect. I honestly can't find any scratches or dings. $496 shipped with the original case. I cleaned and set it up with a new set of flatwounds and this bass sounds GREAT! I have had Ibanez in the past but never a neck-thru. Definately have to get used to playing a 5-string again. Well I'm off to play. :bassist:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Not so fast....we need to see pics!!!!!!!! :eyebrow:

3. Plowboy22

Plowboy22 Guest

Sep 27, 2004
    Sarasota, Florida
  4. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I played that same model for years. People can say what they will, but I liked that bass alot! I did swap the preamp and pickups however. I found the stock elecs. a bit noisey for recording. I put in EMGs (40P5 and 40J) and a BTS preamp. GREAT sounding combo IMHO. I sold it in June but returned it to stock before doing so.

5. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Very nice deal! I've owned a 1206 that was my main player from '98 to 2002, did many a session with it, and still use it for chordal/tapping work. I'd like to upgrade the electronics at some point as they're getting a bit noisy, but it's still a wonderfully constructed instrument for the price, and the neck simply does not move.

6. Congrats!
    That's a nice looking bass.
    Good luck getting used to the 5er again. :)

7. Plowboy22

Plowboy22 Guest

Sep 27, 2004
    Sarasota, Florida
    The 5er is starting to come back. It has been a long time since I played one. I forgot how much the string spacing effected my playing. I must say I really like the neck on this bass. Slim and fast for a 5 string!

8. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    I've got my eye on a nice looking SR1205. I may snag it, but I'm concerned about string spacing. I'm a Fender Jazz/G&L ASAT 4 string kinda guy but I'm itching to go 5. I do some slapping as well and have shied away from Ibanez SR models as the string spacing tend to be too snug. I find I’m more in favor of Ibanez BTBs with 35” scale and wide fingerboard. However these SR1205 pop up from time to time and seem to scream good quality and killer bang for buck. Can a person with big hands and thumb be at home on an Ibanez SR 5 string; even a nice ones like the old 1205?

Thanks,
    r