Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Ibanez sr900 translucent black!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smitcat, Dec 14, 2004.

1. smitcat

smitcat

Aug 5, 2003
    Ithaca, NY
    Well, my new ibanez came in, and i love it. I originally ordered the amber, but Ibanez was out of them, but they had some of the translucent black left, and I am so greatful that was all they had. The black is beautiful. Here are a few pics for now. The only thing i am bummed about now is that they didn't have anymore dr lowriders in stock. so i don't know if i should leave the elixirs on, or put on Dean Markley nickelsteels that i have laying around.

2. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    It looks good, how does it sound? If you're not 100% sure the sound is right for you then change strings down the line.

3. smitcat

smitcat

Aug 5, 2003
    Ithaca, NY
    it has a nice sound and feel. its got a fast and smooth neck, and was setup perfect from the factory. Its got a pretty versatile range, but i think with a new pair of lowriders on it, it will be perfect

4. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    Wow, I am REALLY having second thoughts about keeping my SR 490... I've been dreaming of a transparent black SR 900 since I knew they existed.

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    ive played that bass before, i prefer the amber though.

It sounded pretty good though. I prefer the SR3000E over it though, but the 900 is a few hundred cheaper so its a good deal.

6. smitcat

smitcat

Aug 5, 2003
    Ithaca, NY
    that was a big reason i went with it, was the price, and the feel.

A lot of people don't like ibanez, but i have always been happy with them...very comfortable to play, personally. Apparently Ibanez is changing this model again this year, so im curious as to what they are going add/change