My New Ibanez sr900 translucent black!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smitcat, Dec 14, 2004.

1. smitcat

Aug 5, 2003
    Ithaca, NY
    Well, my new ibanez came in, and i love it. I originally ordered the amber, but Ibanez was out of them, but they had some of the translucent black left, and I am so greatful that was all they had. The black is beautiful. Here are a few pics for now. The only thing i am bummed about now is that they didn't have anymore dr lowriders in stock. so i don't know if i should leave the elixirs on, or put on Dean Markley nickelsteels that i have laying around.
  2. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    It looks good, how does it sound? If you're not 100% sure the sound is right for you then change strings down the line.
  3. smitcat

Aug 5, 2003
    Ithaca, NY
    it has a nice sound and feel. its got a fast and smooth neck, and was setup perfect from the factory. Its got a pretty versatile range, but i think with a new pair of lowriders on it, it will be perfect
  4. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    Wow, I am REALLY having second thoughts about keeping my SR 490... I've been dreaming of a transparent black SR 900 since I knew they existed.
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    ive played that bass before, i prefer the amber though.

It sounded pretty good though. I prefer the SR3000E over it though, but the 900 is a few hundred cheaper so its a good deal.
  6. smitcat

Aug 5, 2003
    Ithaca, NY
    that was a big reason i went with it, was the price, and the feel.

A lot of people don't like ibanez, but i have always been happy with them...very comfortable to play, personally. Apparently Ibanez is changing this model again this year, so im curious as to what they are going add/change