Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new iMac has arrived!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Basschair, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    :hyper:

I'm absolutely thrilled with it...I've got to get some cpu-intensive programs going so that I can see just how well this new Intel chip really works. Stoked!

2. I wonder if SuperPi works on Mac..

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I like the new commercial for the intel based macs.

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I have to admit they're pretty slick. There are a lot about Macs I like, especially their slick OS. Congrats on the new buy. :)

5. Basschair

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Thanks SuperD...it's out first Mac, and though I've worked fairly extensively with both sides of the force, my wife has no significant experience with Macs. I was a bit worried, but she'll come around. And, if she doesn't, well, IT'S ALL MINE!:p

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    She should probably be fine - most people I know that have done it find it to be easier than a PC. Things seem a bit more streamlined, a bit more straightforward. You can't get into the nitty gritty as much as you can with a PC, but most people don't want to and therefore Macs make a whole bunch of sense to use.

7. Congrats ! :) Did you buy the 17" version ?

8. Basschair

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Yup. I considered the larger screen, but it would have been too big for our office desk's nook.

9. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Congratulations!! I'm going to be ordering mine soon too.

What CPU intensive programs are you using? Do you have photoshop on there? If so I'd love to know how it handles filters on hires images.

10. Basschair

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    I literally just set it up last night, and am in the process of transferring files and such over to it from the old comp. By the time I get down to it, you'll probably have your own;)

11. skewh

skewh

Sep 5, 2005
    Ithaca, NY
    Congratulations from a fellow Macintosh user! Though my next Macintosh will most likely be the MacBook Pro . . .

12. Basschair

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Yeah, that'd be pretty sweet. One day, perhaps...

13. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Congrats on the new Mac and welcome to the sanity that is Apple! I just Upgraded from a G3 Bondi Blue iMac to a G5 20" screen iMac...talk about a step up in the world! Your wife will get used to the Mac very quickly then wonder why people still use PC's...(unless you want to tinker with it instead of geting work done!);)