Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Italian Bass!!

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by AMJBASS, Aug 3, 2002.

1. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I finally got it! A great sounding Italian bass! It is a Renato Scrollavezza c.1961. The bass has Italian Poplar back and sides with a Spruce top. All of the cracks have been repaired, and the bass is in great condition.

It is a fabulous sounding bass. It has a clear and powerful sound. It has a really great sounding G, which I realize is quite hard to find in a bass. It is very full sounding. The bass is even across the entire range, and has a huge sustain. I am completely impressed with it both arco and pizz. It really makes a difference when you play a bass that projects the sound you hear in your head! The sound reminds me of Dave Holland's tone. It is impressive. I am making a duet CD soon. I will put some samples up when it's done!

I have just purchased the Golden Trinity upgrade from Bob. I will tell you how it sounds when it arrives. Hopefully it will solve all of my amplification problems! Well.....I better go practice!:D
    [​IMG]

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    She's a beauty. Congratulations!

3. Tim Ludlam

Tim Ludlam

Dec 19, 1999
    Carmel, IN
    Great looking bass. Congrats!!!

P.S. Stop posting these "I just got my new bass" threads. You give all of us bass envy!! My wife will not accept another bass in the house. Hmmmm, bass...wife...bass...wife..bass....wife?

4. Adrian, I'll be back down your way on the 18th. I'm coming over!!

5. Norre

Norre

Jan 5, 2001
    Antwerp, Belgium
    mmmmm .... nice bass. Enjoy it!

6. Are you going to keep it in your living room or will you be playing it?

7. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I like to take the pictures in my Living room, the lighting is really good. The bass doesn't stay there though! I wouldn't call it the prettiest bass, it is decent. It sounds amazing though. I can't stop playing it! Now that I have spent all the money I have, I better go practice!:)

8. Norre

Norre

Jan 5, 2001
    Antwerp, Belgium
    :eek: Wow Don, the bass on the left (pic with the 3 basses) is one pretty bass !! Is that the DeLeone flatback ?

9. The DeLeone is the red one in the middle. Total restoration by Arnold Schnitzer. The blonde is of unknown origin, sound and projection to die for.
    Left, orchestra; middle, jazz; right, plywood, anything goes.

10. Ken2

Ken2

Dec 3, 2012
    Hi AJ,

Could you please fill me up with this Bass ...that you have bought in 2002 and sold in 2005? It has been 10 years since. There seem like a lot of repair work done of the top, neck.

Any information will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ken:hyper:

I have just purchased the Golden Trinity upgrade from Bob. I will tell you how it sounds when it arrives. Hopefully it will solve all of my amplification problems! Well.....I better go practice!:D
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

11. Ken2

Ken2

Dec 3, 2012
    Hi AJ,

Could you please fill me up with this Bass ...that you have bought in 2002 and sold in 2005? It has been 10 years since. There seem like a lot of repair work done of the top, neck.

Any information will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ken:hyper: