1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

my new jazz bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jagbo, Jul 14, 2003.

1. jagbo

jagbo

May 20, 2002
    i have a couple of questions about my new MIM 60's classic jazz bass, and i think i might have the answers, but before i go ahead i wanted some advice.
    The action from the store setup is too low, it took me a couple of days to realize this. i thought the buzzing was from the new strings at first. Also there is too much clacking when playing fingerstyle, and when i play with a pick the strings feel loose and rubber band-y. I used to play a T-40 with high action that i could really play hard.
    can i raise the action with just the saddles? will a thicker guage string help with the loose feel? the truss rod for this bass is at the body, do i have to take the neck off to adjust it?
    the bass looks and sounds beautiful, i just can't play with such a light touch. thanks for any help.
    i guess i should have posted this in SETUP

2. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yeah, do a search in the Setup forum, and all your questions will be answered.