Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by anonymous278347457, Jan 28, 2006.

1. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    I got this off the net a few days ago, it just arrived this morning.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sorry my picture taking skills are a bit bad(the first pic)

it sounds very nice, it came with some rotosounds awell. I think i am going to put those on some time.
    I never knew the wiring on jazzes went under the pickguard and not through the body(damn, cant play without pickguard) also there seems to be a random hole in the top left hand corner (anyone care to enlighten me on what it does?)

I think it makes a clicking noise when i tap the machine heads, bridge and strings (ahh ground buzz right?) it was on my old(bad, plywood, cheap) bass aswell. Im going to have them both checked out today.

2. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

Congrats!

That bass will take you just about everywhere you need to go -- at least for a while!

3. Possu jam

Possu jam

May 16, 2004
    Finland
    Some Fender´s, Mexicans and the New Usa models (?) have that sort of wiring. Though I have the Mexican made 60´s classic jazz, it´s wiring goes inside the body.

You´ll get used to it ;)

4. Cool game ;)
    Cool bass :bassist:

Have fun

5. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    im still confused about the ground buzz, I took it to a repair shop, they tried it out, no problem. they said it was probably the location of my amp or the amp cables.
    And then at home on my amp it still does it. I tried moving my amp changing amp signal and power cables.
    I also plugged my head phones into my effects pedal (zoom 506II, it has an amp simulator or something)and it didnt buzz. so im thinking something is wrong with the grounding in my amp. either that or my amp is plain weird.
    And to be extra certain i went on the fender site and looked up the wiring, all the wires were in the right place and were secure(including the one to the bridge).

Im REALLY confused now.