Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new kid!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pc, Apr 4, 2002.

1. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    I was about to buy a cheapo Samick to get some slap lessons (my other basses are fretless), and my teacher told me to check this out... I couldn't resist!

- It looks pretty close to a Spector, but the neck feels more like a MM5.
    - It's very well balanced
    - It had Bartolini pu's and electronics, but the previous owner returned the originals (all passive)
    - I'm planning to change the electronics: no midrange growl at all (but sounds graet unplugged, though).
    - The finishing is amazing for the price (about 370 USD used - 500 USD new). It has the contoured body just like Spectors & Warwicks...

[​IMG]

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Very nice looking. If it plays 1/2 as good as a Czech Spector, you did good (price wise) I've never heard of that company.

Congrats to the new addiotion to your family.

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    never heard of them too. it's really similar to a spector

4. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    The back

[​IMG]

5. ooh baby...

c'mon dude.. show us her butt !

6. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    i'm trying to post other pics, but when I upload them, they get kinda corrupted... :mad:

7. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    That thing is friggin' hoss!

8. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    AFAIK Condor is an agreement between Washburn and a brazilian company (or something like that). They used to be known as Washburn do Brasil, but changed their name a few years ago...

I've been trying to set up my computer so I can record a few sound clips, but I'm noty having... Maybe on sunday I could find some time to deal with it...

9. goddamn ! that is one big butt ! :D
    i like women uhm.. i mean Basses with good round butts :)

10. JB Lars

JB Lars

May 24, 2000
    Chicago Suburbs
    Alright, where can I get one of those? Seriously. Is there a Brazilian equivalent to Musician's Friend that stocks 'em? I can't EVEN afford a real Spector, but if that can be had affordably, I'm on it like white on rice.

11. That's awesome. Congrats!!! Is it just me, but that looks a lot like its got some Warwick styling to it? I first saw the "butt" pic and thought he had gotten a thumb.

12. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yup me too! :D And basses too :cool:

13. i wanna a girl with a big butt. lol i mean.... is there any 16 to 18 year old bass playering girls with a nice big butt in mass pm me please. sorry if that offened u.butt still pm me. back to the bass what a big butt lol. looks sic and sounds liek it will/does sound sic.

14. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i can't stand this idiot.:mad:

15. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    Hey, this is old! :D What I know is that they are Korean and they put their label here. Maybe there could be similar basses in the US with another name, who knows... They have a "please come back soon"
    web site, if you are interested. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm selling her now... I loved the neck, but the B is a bit floppy and the tone is too midrangy.

There is a couple of sound clips here, when I dressed her with EMGs. Still too modern. I'm an old skool guy... Ive just had a Fender copy with Duncans SJB-5 67/70 made. Totally lo-fi :D. Just waiting for time to take some pics and record a few clips to post the obligatory new bass thread !! :bassist: