1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My New Lakland DJ (pic)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by txmulletrocker, Apr 3, 2006.

1. I just bought this Lakland DJ4!! I'm sooo stoked. It shipped today and I can't wait for it to get here!!!! I can't stand the anticipation. It's pearl white with a RW fb, a tort guard from Jeanne's, and a J-Retro. I'll post better pics when she gets here on thurs. or fri.
    getattch.
    :bassist: :hyper: :bassist:

now I just need an amp

2. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    sweet bass man, never seen it with a tort guard, looks good!!

3. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Very nice!

You'll have fun with the J-retro. Amazingly flexible, but it takes a light touch -- a little does a lot.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Very nice. Modern with a vintage vibe. Yummy.

5. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

you've got a really nice bass ...

it looks like mine !!

Attached Files:

6. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Shweet!!! Congrats and enjoy!

7. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    That is my fav J color combo, niiice!

8. Which USED to be MINE mwahahahahahahahahaha.....I still miss that bass! :hyper:

Peace,

T

9. Nice, this is my first adventure into the Lakland world. I went and played a DJ5 at a local store in Dallas when I saw this one for sale and loved it. I got this one off of freshpants48 on thedudepit.

10. I bought my first DJ (the 1 david meissner has now) and decided I NEEDED a 5 before I got it BUT AFTER I ordered the Tortise guard from Jeanies (BEST work out there for anyone who wants a guard for ANY gui78tar or bass, I have bought several from him now and they were ALL PERFECT!!) to make a long story short, I posted the bass for sale before I even had the time to REALLY play it. It came with @@## I won't mention the name of the black, very dead, and crappy strings and I took it out of the case, played it for about 30 seconds and IMMEDIATELY listed for what I had in it MINUS the guard...:rolleyes: I am too good to you guys that buy from me!! Come to think of it I may have even PM'd david about it before I listed it (I think I did) because I had won it before he did and I knew he was looking....anyway somehow got a hold of david and he said he wanted it so I agreed to sell it...

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I take off the strings that are on it and stick on a set of Sadowsky Nickels and give it a perfect setup and WOOOOOOOOWWWWWW! This is da sh** kind of moment happens and I think WHAT DID I JUST DO??? I learned a very valuable lesson but I ALWAYS keep my word and would never go back on a deal that was made in good faith...SOOO david got the best DJ4 I have had a chance to play (I have had 4 of them now.....:D ) AND I ordered another tortise Guard from Jeanies to go on a Black DJ4 that I got new from the dude over at the pit and Roger sent me this MONSTER RED Tortise that was unbelievable.....so I get this black one and it is great BUT not as good as the one david got...:p Got a gig with an artist that wants nothing but a 4 string Jazz and a 4 string P (changed to just 1 4 string jazz after he heard my Sadowsky NYC Vintage 4 with Flats!!) and KNEW that this was too nice a bass to sit in a closet for a year so sold that one about 2 days after I got it!!:bawl: and THRESW in the damn tort guard on that one too!!

BUT I wound up with this one whihc has its own purty tort:

http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/view/4166.html

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

so alls well that ends well.........sort of......I still miss that DJ I sold davidmeissner :D

Peace,

T

11. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    If it's anything like my Glaub (Which I have no doubt) It'll be amazing!!

Congrats!

12. Very nice, looks great.

What did it set you back?

13. That Sad is gorgeous. I've really been wanting to try one out. I seems like it worked out perfectly, seeing as I ended up with the Lakland. :ninja: :p

I picked this one up for $950, which I think is a really good deal after playing one up at Andersen's Guitar Gallery in Frisco.