Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Lakland!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by arose11, Dec 26, 2003.

1. arose11

arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Mr. UPS man left a package at my doorstep Christmas eve! It is a Lakland Skyline Deluxe with the upgraded Bartolini electronics. An amazing bass, amazing tone and clarity. Steve from superbass.net is the nicest person on ebay you will deal with! I'm loving it. :D

[​IMG]

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Nice Christmas Gift!!!!!!
    Enjoy & play the hell out of her!!!!

3. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Laklands are the best. Period.

Search this forum for the Lakland Mega Thread.

4. Somebassguy

Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    Got my 1st Lakland 2 weeks ago and haven't been able to put her down since. I totally agree with you, there is simply nothing better out there...period! :bassist:

5. Arthur Poon

Arthur Poon

Jul 13, 2003
    Congrats! That is a beatiful instrument. I tried a US-made model Lakland 5 a few years ago and I was amazed with it's tone and feel. My current 5 is a MM SR-5, but I'd like to buy either a Lakland or Modulus Q-5 in the future.

Lakland players: How does the quality and tone of the Skyline compare to the US-made models? The Skyline series sure looks like bargain.

6. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Thats damn purdy bass man. i mean, really nice. congrats man! enjoy her!

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've owned a couple of SkyLines & a USA Model & there is no comparison between the quality & workmanship of the 2. The USA model is by FAR a much better made bass but I'm not saying the SkyLines are bad. Actually, the 55-01 I owned (with the Bart MK-1 import pu's & preamp) sounded & played GREAT. The neck felt like butter & the sound was, IMO MUCCH better then the USA models w/the J/MM configuration. The 44-02DLX I owned was very nice too. It has the same pu's & electronics as the USA 4-94 & sounded alot better in my band setting then I expected (since I'm not really a fan of the MM pu). For the money, the SkyLines are really nice basses, especially the 44-01/55-01.

8. DB5

DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    Congrats and welcome to Lakland family ;)
    nice color

9. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Just took the lakland plunge, I just got a 55-01 and it seems to be great. I can see me buying another Lakland! Pics coming soon!:bassist:

10. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I can't say that it is the best bass that I've owned but it sure as hell "Ain't"chopped liver ither.
    It is a damn good bass.