1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new lefty Eastwood EEB-1

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by iamthebassman, Mar 11, 2008.

1. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    eastwood004.
    eastwood002.
    eastwood001.
    eastwood003.

2. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Nice, but I wish you'd had taken the pics without flash. . .

I like those things, but I got two concerns: balance, because the short upper horn, and it seems to me that the pickup is too close to the bridge to give you real low end. And they look kinda cheaply made for what they cost.

But, funky bass nonetheless. Sometimes is nice to play something that few people play.

3. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Jeez, whatever.:rolleyes:

4. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I said the bass was nice! :smug:

But seriously, everybody's got an opinion, sorry if my comments were not to your liking.

Next time, say something like: Here is my new bass. I love it. If you like it, tell me about it. If you don't, I don't want to hear about it.

5. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    I was interested in one of these myself, How do you like the sound/tone and the overall playability?

6. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Sound I would describe as a P-bass with more low-end and slightly less high-end. Very punchy on the one gig I 've played it at since receiving it Thursday.
    The action is very low, in fact I had to loosen the truss rod at set-up. The neck is thin front to back. Balances fine, probably due to very low headstock mass. Body is slightly smaller than I expected, smaller than a P-bass.

7. I'm glad to hear they sound good (as good as they look?). I've been considering one for a while.

8. Matt R.

Matt R.

Jul 18, 2007
    Huntsville AL
    I've heard that the bridge is mounted on top of the pickguard material:meh:. Is that true and is it a problem at all? Those basses seem killer... Nice score bro. I'm a lefty too

9. Certainly looks that way... and I agree with Lefty007 on this one, but really, no point gettin huffy about it. I love this thing visually tho, it's cool looking...just wish they went the extra mile to really pull off the entire vibe of the original. There are a few makers doing this body style now, one using a J setup....

10. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    That is making my nuts hurt. So beautiful.

Can I get a back shot, AND a shot of it out of the case, maybe being played :)

Now, I wonder why more companies do not cut things out of their bodies?

A music man could lose a pound or 2 and look fantastic. Maybe I will make a handle in my Musicman!
    Jonathan

11. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Bridge is on top of pickguard, not a problem(for me).

12. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Hows it working out for you ?

13. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    I dig it, it's nice and light. After the original rounds died I replaced them with flats; I use flats on most of my basses except those I want a real aggressive tone from; but there was not enuff high-end for me so I put rounds on and its good.