My new MIA Jazz Bass! WOOT!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GrooveMonkey, Feb 27, 2005.

1. I don't know what's come over me. I got up this morning and felt compelled to go shop basses. I found this MIA Deluxe Jazz and fell in love!

The pics make it look REALLY orange but it's more of a natural amber in real life. What a sweet Jazz!!! :hyper:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    looks Great but im not really a fan of transparent finishes on 3 piece bodies...

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Like I just said at HCBF....

:bassist:

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Yeah he got the luck of the draw, Congrats on a great sounding bass though! Tell me what do you think of the SCN pups and the pre-amp!

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Dang mane, somebody done whipped up on that bass wit' a pretty stick! Nice! I dig!

6. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Looks great!

7. Nice bass!

That is the newer model with the SMC (Samarium Cobalt Noiseless) pu'ps right? I never like the old with "Noiseless" printed in gold.

8. yeah, it's got the SMC pups. I dig the way they sound...

thanks!

9. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    I just picked up a new American Deluxe Jazz myself at Christmas and, like you, I am extremely impressed. As hard as it is for me to say, Fender has hit a home run with these beauties! I have found that the pre-amp gives me just about everything that I had hoped for in an active. The only complaint that I have found (are you listening Fender?) is the battery compartment. The batteries are a little bit of a problem to change. Other than that, I am one happy camper. Congratulations on your "acquisition".....

10. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    A fine score! The AmDlx Jazzes ROCK. Mine is my current favorite bass. Play on! :)

11. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    another thumbs up for the Fender American Deluxe Jazz bass.... those things are awesome. I love their tone. Congratulations!

12. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Groovemonkey,
    I just got the 5 string version of your bass (but with Maple fretboard) and I'm EXTREMELY impressed. I've owned a 2001 5-string version in the past (with 9 volt preamp and noiseless pickups)....loved the way it played, hated the way it sounded (especially the B) and finally sold it. These new 2004-2005 models with the SCN pickups and 18volt preamp are in a totally different category. Incredible live sound, great playing, great looking and the B string is MUCH tighter than the 2001 model I owned. I too have the transparent amber on a 3 piece alder body and I was a little dissappointed about the 3 piece body but I've gotten over it now....especially everytime I pick it up and strap it on. Good luck with yours and I hope you use it often. Kinda seems like Fender finally got the Am Deluxe Series up to snuff now.
    -Bazz-

13. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Another thumbs up for the MIA dlx. I was playing my FMT V last night when another bassplayer asked what it was I was playing? I told him a new FMT V with SCN pups and he told me he was super impressed with the sound! :cool:

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice bass. I tihnk thats my favorite fender (non sig) at the moment, a 4 string jazz deluxe.

15. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Wow, looks awesome! Congrats!

16. that's hot.

i love USA Dx JAZZES.....Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
    sorry>>> i'm a little pumped for some reason.