My new MIA Jazz Bass! WOOT!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GrooveMonkey, Feb 27, 2005.

1. I don't know what's come over me. I got up this morning and felt compelled to go shop basses. I found this MIA Deluxe Jazz and fell in love!

The pics make it look REALLY orange but it's more of a natural amber in real life. What a sweet Jazz!!! :hyper:

2. Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    looks Great but im not really a fan of transparent finishes on 3 piece bodies...
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Like I just said at HCBF....

4. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Yeah he got the luck of the draw, Congrats on a great sounding bass though! Tell me what do you think of the SCN pups and the pre-amp!
  5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Dang mane, somebody done whipped up on that bass wit' a pretty stick! Nice! I dig!
  6. Nice bass!

That is the newer model with the SMC (Samarium Cobalt Noiseless) pu'ps right? I never like the old with "Noiseless" printed in gold.
  7. yeah, it's got the SMC pups. I dig the way they sound...

8. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    I just picked up a new American Deluxe Jazz myself at Christmas and, like you, I am extremely impressed. As hard as it is for me to say, Fender has hit a home run with these beauties! I have found that the pre-amp gives me just about everything that I had hoped for in an active. The only complaint that I have found (are you listening Fender?) is the battery compartment. The batteries are a little bit of a problem to change. Other than that, I am one happy camper. Congratulations on your "acquisition".....
  9. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    A fine score! The AmDlx Jazzes ROCK. Mine is my current favorite bass. Play on! :)
  10. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    another thumbs up for the Fender American Deluxe Jazz bass.... those things are awesome. I love their tone. Congratulations!
  11. bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I just got the 5 string version of your bass (but with Maple fretboard) and I'm EXTREMELY impressed. I've owned a 2001 5-string version in the past (with 9 volt preamp and noiseless pickups)....loved the way it played, hated the way it sounded (especially the B) and finally sold it. These new 2004-2005 models with the SCN pickups and 18volt preamp are in a totally different category. Incredible live sound, great playing, great looking and the B string is MUCH tighter than the 2001 model I owned. I too have the transparent amber on a 3 piece alder body and I was a little dissappointed about the 3 piece body but I've gotten over it now....especially everytime I pick it up and strap it on. Good luck with yours and I hope you use it often. Kinda seems like Fender finally got the Am Deluxe Series up to snuff now.
  12. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Another thumbs up for the MIA dlx. I was playing my FMT V last night when another bassplayer asked what it was I was playing? I told him a new FMT V with SCN pups and he told me he was super impressed with the sound! :cool:
  13. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice bass. I tihnk thats my favorite fender (non sig) at the moment, a 4 string jazz deluxe.
  14. Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Wow, looks awesome! Congrats!
  15. that's hot.

i love USA Dx JAZZES.....Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
    sorry>>> i'm a little pumped for some reason.