Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my "new" MIM P-bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, May 3, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Well after bills and bills this past week since I got the money. I went by a local shop and walked out the door after laying down 250 with thie gorgeous P-bass. I've already got alot of plans for it. Mike Hererra's 1975 Sunburst/Rosewood/Tortoise Shell P-bass is what inspired me to get this. I already ordered a brown tort pickguard that will hopefully arrive before first practice. And a Basslines QPB-3 is not to far down the road. Leo Quan Badass II maybe, and perhaps a Raven Labs PBR-1. But before I get over my head. I'm just going to enjoy it.

Once I got her home, cut the strings, polished her up, slapped on some Ernie Balls ( I couldnt fit the G string, so sadly I had to go with this old dead, cheap string I've had for about two years, set the action, and put on some chrome knobs.

~Patrick

2. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Nice man! Very classy and slick looking rig man.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I love my MIM P Bass...as much as any of the others...

If you're going for truly vintage P Bass tone, I've heard some players using a Lindy Fralin and it sounded wonderful!!!

I put a DiMarzio Will Power middle in mine and it will blow your head off...I'm finding that I like the stock bridge just fine (I did have a B/A II on it for a while).

Enjoy!!!!

4. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Get a brown tort guard on there IMMEDIATLEY!!!!!!! The white looks real tacky IMO. Get some ashtrays, and then it'll be one hot bass.