my "new" MIM P-bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, May 3, 2004.

1. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Well after bills and bills this past week since I got the money. I went by a local shop and walked out the door after laying down 250 with thie gorgeous P-bass. I've already got alot of plans for it. Mike Hererra's 1975 Sunburst/Rosewood/Tortoise Shell P-bass is what inspired me to get this. I already ordered a brown tort pickguard that will hopefully arrive before first practice. And a Basslines QPB-3 is not to far down the road. Leo Quan Badass II maybe, and perhaps a Raven Labs PBR-1. But before I get over my head. I'm just going to enjoy it.

Once I got her home, cut the strings, polished her up, slapped on some Ernie Balls ( I couldnt fit the G string, so sadly I had to go with this old dead, cheap string I've had for about two years, set the action, and put on some chrome knobs.

2. Nice man! Very classy and slick looking rig man.
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    I love my MIM P much as any of the others...

If you're going for truly vintage P Bass tone, I've heard some players using a Lindy Fralin and it sounded wonderful!!!

I put a DiMarzio Will Power middle in mine and it will blow your head off...I'm finding that I like the stock bridge just fine (I did have a B/A II on it for a while).

4. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Get a brown tort guard on there IMMEDIATLEY!!!!!!! The white looks real tacky IMO. Get some ashtrays, and then it'll be one hot bass.