My New MIM P!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dirk, Jul 14, 2001.

1. dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    Well, yesterday, I purchased a brand spankin new Fender P Bass (MIM). It was kind of a consolation purchase b/c I'm sending my Dean Edge Q4 in to be serviced. I the feel and sound of this bass. I had a gig last night, but b/c of technical difficulties w/ my amp and the power supply (I blew my fuse and the spare) I had to run direct and I could barely hear myself in the mix. But the bass sounded great through my amp when I played it earlier in the day yesterday at rehearsal. It's fat sounding with lots of low end and plenty of mid range punch. Cosmetically it's great too. I have the sunburst finish, which costs a little more, but is a lot classier looking. I've already changed the volume and tone control knobs, and one day I may put some Seymour Duncans in there and slap a Badass on there, but all in due time...

This is a great looking and sounding bass, and great value. I ended up paying 365 + tax which came out to around 400. I know you can get them cheaper, but's what's 25 bucks more to know that it's set up good and also having a chance to play it before hand and be absolutely sure you like the sound. Anyone looking for a good backup bass or even as a main axe, this bass is very cool.

2. Congrats on the new bass. hehe Sorry to hear about the bad luck for your gig. I guess you're going to have to buy a backup amp too... hehe j/k. :)
  3. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    awwww how cuuute.... a MIM P bass :D jk jk jk congrats on your new bass man.. i would like ot have a MIM J to just stare at the sexy J body! :D
  4. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    I would like to get a MIM Fender P Bass, but they don't make them lefty anymore.

You rightys don't know how lucky you are :)

Enjoy the bass. Let us now of any modifications you make to the bass.
  5. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Mods.. mmm yum.... get some SD Preamp/Pickups in to that baby.. BOOM!! :D oh yeah some ABM Bridges and HIpshot Tunres should do the trick also. :D
  6. Congrats Mr.Dirk! :D You will learn to love the P bass....they are so great! I have a `98 mia and it is a joy to play! All that crap about them having a thick/fat neck? oh puh-LEASE!!!

Rock On!!
  7. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Congrats dude.
    I've been thinking about getting a P as a backup for my MIM J. Show us a picture if you could.
  8. B3Nut

Oct 28, 2000
    Central Michigan
    I have a MIM P too. It's not a bad bass at all...thought I don't care for the stock pup. I'm likely going to go for a Fender '62 RI P pup. I string it with Thomastik-Infeld Jazz flats. It's nice and punchy and begs to be played with a pick. :) Even though the stock pup is a bit thin on the bottom, I've gotten to sit well in a track.