Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MY NEW (MINI) RIG!!! (ebs hd 350 / bag end D10BX-D)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by emielow, Aug 26, 2005.

1. emielow

emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    here a few pics of my new amp, i have sold my hartke stuff and bought this: its small, but a very very very FAT slap sound, it blows everything away! perfect sound for me! the drive nob is great!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and i use this bass (fender korean jazzbass with j-retro + badass bridge)

[​IMG]

2. Congrats!!!! That should be a great combo...

Edit... careful with that brite control and that 'non attenuated' BagEnd tweeter when you crank it up!

3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    great rig... BagEnd's are killer!

reduce the pix next time, pls.

4. emielow

emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    what do you mean about the tweeter? i have bright on 12 o clock, i just played it again at 9 o clock (volume) holy f*cking sh*t what a great sound !!

5. Not a big deal... the Bright control pumps very, very high frequencies out of the HD350 (that's one of the reason it slaps so well!). I'm not sure what kind of tweeter protection circuitry the BagEnd has, but I don't think there is an attenuator control on the back of the cab to turn the tweeter down (at least there wasn't on my old BagEnd D15-x)... so just make sure you aren't pumping a massive amount of sound through that tweeter at high volumes (i.e., turning the bright contol up past 12 o'clock, etc.).

6. emielow

emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    ah, i see

but i think the gigs that i do, i won't set the volume above 9 o clock.. mean what ****ing fat sounding amp i have :hyper:

7. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

How much does the head cab weigh individually? I have a KILLER little rig which I love too. It's a A.M.P. BH-420 (in a rag bag also like yours) and a Avatar CB112 (Eminence Kappa 1x12). The head in the bag weighs in under 30 lbs and the cab is about 45. It has KILLER tone, is very loud for it's size and is very portable. I love little power house rigs like yours and mine!

8. emielow

emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    the head is 9 kg, and the cabinet about 30kg, so the cabinet is heavy.. but also heavy souding..

9. maybe a stupid question, by why are one of the cones red and ones not?

just asthetics?

10. The coax tweeter is under that red cone.

11. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    Congrats!

Now - if you ever desire a bit more presence, just add another Bag End 210 cab and you'll have all you'll ever need (within reason!) :)

Ken is correct on the BRITE control. I usually (do) leave the treble at noon, but have the bright control at 9:00 or lower (depending on the bass used). I boost it up a bit when I use the 350 with the Wizzys - but it's not needed (and overkill) with the Bag End cabs.

Based on my own experience, I can't imagine you anthing but thrilled with the sound of this combo!

Again - congrats!

12. The treble is 'flat' at 12:00... but the bright is 'flat' at the complete off position (it's some sort of boost only filter)... that can get some people (including me! :meh: ) in trouble with the tweeter and/or tweeter protection circuitry!

13. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Awesome rig. I love BagEnd cabs...I recently got 2 S15's, one d & one X-d. They're tremendous little cabs. I want to get a d10bx-d...I think it would sound great paired with an S15-d. but I don't have the power to run it.

Anyway, my friends got an SVT 4pro running one stereo w/ an ampeg 210...it sounds sick. I could only imagine how nice it would sound if it was a stereo d10bx-d rig.

14. emielow

emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    What happens if i add another bag end d1bx-d cabinet?

the ebs is 350 watt @ 4ohms (can also run 350 watt@2ohms) and the bag end is 400 watt @ 4 ohms, so if i add another bag end, do i have more sound then??

15. The 350 is kind of a strange thing to me.... it has the same RMS power at 4 and 2ohms??? Their site FAQ's mention that the peak power increases slightly at 2ohms. Anyway, adding another cab will always get you a significant increase in volume, even if the power level remains the same. However, I believe EBS recommends that a 4ohm load is the 'optimal' impedence for the HD350. So, unless you are in situations where you feel you need significant more volume, I'd stick to your wonderful new small, high quality and wonderful sounding rig! :hyper:

16. Hey!

Congrats for the new amp, I'm sure you won't regret to sold Hartke!
    EBS rocks to me, would just be curious to try that bag end....

Bye
    Vince

17. I have no problems with my two 2*10s 4ohms cabs....
    Sound is perfect, anyway, when I play with only one cab, sound is the same!

Vince

18. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    I agree, Vince

I believe under the FAQ section of the HD-350 that vrey question is addressed.

EBS states it will run fine at 4 or 2 ohms - but there is just no RMS wattage increase (at 2 ohms) - just an increase in peak wattage of approx. 20%. INTERESTING!

I've been running at a 2 ohms with no problems.

19. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    great head, great cab.

i was very impressed with the ebs heads when i finally got to try them. I was most impressed at the "tonal chameleon" aspect of the heads. the drive control can make your sound go from almost swr to almost ampeg, and do a reasonable dupe of a lot of other amps in between