Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my new modified aria jazz with moses neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FractalUniverse, Apr 18, 2004.

1. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    this bass is an alder aria bass with a moses neck and dimarzio dp123 pups... i must say that this pickups are very agressive but they are not what i'm looking for.... they also give me a very metalic mid-rangy sound. i think it's the only thing i don't like from the bass..... i bought the pickups long time ago with the moses neck(really cheap), and i really wanted to use the moses neck, so that's the reason i bought the aria jazz bass.

so i'm happy with the bass, but not with the sound... any ideas, i have the stock pups from the aria.... and i can also save some money for emgs, or seymor duncan, or fender or dimarzio ultra jazz.(where i live it's easier for me to find dimarzios and emgs, then fender is closest one, and seymors are the difficult ones)
    i really need a jazzier sound not a heavy/death metal sound.
    edit:
    mmm.... i can't upload the pictures.... they are bigger or something....

2. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    do you have any pics?

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I think Bartolini pickups work well with graphite necks.

Peace
    Nick

4. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    yes i have 5 pictures

and bartollini pickuos are really hard to find here

today something funny happened, i have a poplar samick jazz bass that a friend gave to me cause he owned me some money... this bass has a replacement cheap MM style pup that has lots of gain, but not too much definition. today i put new strings to that one and its alive now...man it impressed me, it has a huge low end!!!!

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    You could always mail order them, or used e-bay.

I didnt realize you were in Chile when you first posted. I have a bunch of Chilean friends. My girlfriend is Chilean and so is one of my best friends who I was in a band with before he moved out of state.

Peace
    Nick

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Make sure they're not bitmaps (.bmp). It's a horribly inefficient type of picture file. If you can, turn them into jpeg's.

7. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    these pics are jpgs

Nick man: that's really cool man. i have an uncle(mom's bro) in miami, he comes to chile every year. i visited him last year.

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Vargas, or Yunis by any chance?

The bass looks pretty good.

Hows that bridge?

Peace
    Nick

9. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    no, does dellepiane sound familiar to you?

the bridge is brandless, and it's really solid, and heavy.

today my bass teacher found that the pickups are out of phase....so i have to take the bass to the luthier that did the job...... when the 2 pickups are at 10, an incorporated flanger-chorus-wha appears.... and harmonics die, and sound gets thin. that's not normal.... i think that i'm gonna end installing the stock pups. :rolleyes:

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Nope, I dont recognise that name.

Good luck getting everything taken care of.

Peace
    Nick