My New Modulus!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chris-piano, Jan 15, 2006.

1. [​IMG]
    on its own....
    with me, being a tool.

I know it's only a couple so if you want more ill do requests etc!

Talkbass were prompt and awesome....however the E and A buzz for some inane eason, ive put something in the setup section about it if anyone could help...
  2. doormatt

Apr 8, 2005
  3. Sexy Modulus you've got there.
  4. the_home

the_home Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    Fine looker you have there. I love my Quantum (even with only four strings :bassist: ).

Hope you're able to resolve your buzz problem.
  5. Its really annoying, I've lowered the action and its PERFECT, literally i dont think ive ever played something so wonderfully articulate and easy. Just the stupid bridge 'sizzle' i had it a little on my other two- but this is quite pronounced.
  6. bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Very sweet bass man. I'm hopefully getting a fretless quantum in the near future, I just don't think I can play anything besides modulus now.
  7. MAJOR bummer!

I had it checked out and apparently the bridge is just naturally producing the buzz, no setup problem, no frets or anything just the saddles fizzing on a BRAND NEW MODULUS!!!

Does anyone else think thats just plain crazy? I didn't think problems like this existed on new basses of that price :bawl:
  8. THAT is a helpful comment my friend!!!!!
    I'm sure they were checked but i'll make sure they're re-checked.

Its lovely, the action is perfect, I can't believe how totally even each not is and the action is incredible. Always a fly in the ointment sadly!
  9. Chris,

Check every screw on the bridge, especially the string saddles. If you have adjustable string spacing it may be one of those screws. My Zon used to buzz at the bridge until I really tightened them up.

10. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Also, if you can't hear the buzzes through the amp, then they don't really exist... :)

The buzz will definitely be fixable, regardless. Beautiful bass!
  11. puff father

puff father

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    I had a bad string once. Thought it was the truss rod..., new string, buzz gone. Worth a try.

Nice bass, dude. :)