Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my new modulus!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chrisb1024, May 17, 2003.

1. chrisb1024

chrisb1024 Guest

Mar 18, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    just added this flea bass to my arsenal i was never interested in one before untill i saw this

2. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I've yet to see a Flea with that type of top or pickup configuration. That one nice looking bass!

3. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    yes, nice bass!

4. I love Modulus, and that is a setup that does the flea justice. I have 2 Modulus basses on order, a quantum walnut 5 string, and a Genesis fretless jazz bass. They will be my second and third Modulus basses that I own. Just when I thought I was completely over the Flea bass you have to go and show me that beautiful picture!

5. chrisb1024

chrisb1024 Guest

Mar 18, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    i wasn't even looking for a new bass but i stumbled across this at a local store in boston it was custon built for a guy who changed his mind and i was in the right place at the right time got it for a steal it plays even better than it looks

6. A knockout bass! Nice for you!!!

7. Very nice! I really like Modulus basses - they have a voice all their own.

Congrats!
    Jeff

8. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Nicest Flea I've ever seen! Congrats.

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Beautiful. Blood-curdling, but beautiful. It looks like the top of a Fear Factor pizza ... but beautiful.

10. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Very nice looking. By the way, what makes it a Flea bass? I thought a Flea was basically a Quantum with a single MM, a pickguard, and a sparkle finish, but this has none of those.

11. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I think there are a number of differrences on the Flea bass comparred to the Quantum's. The Flea has 34' scale and 22 frets, and the Q's have a 35'scale and 24 frets. The flea has a MM or jazz pick up config, and the Q's have soapbars. The Flea has much more of a vintage feel to it.

12. chrisb1024

chrisb1024 Guest

Mar 18, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    also the top is usually different as well as a differnt head stock

13. Suburban_punk

Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Denver
    Sweet! Beautiful guitar!!!

So I have a stupid quesiton.

How different does it sound with the extra pup?

I love the sound of the Flea..BTW.
    But did the addition completely change the voice?

14. chrisb1024

chrisb1024 Guest

Mar 18, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    this is the only flea i have ever played so i really can't compare it...but i honestly am now selling my q5 or looking to reade for a q4 because i love this bass so much

15. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I play a Modulus Q5 with Blackstone quilt maple 5A Top, Alder body. EMGs and composite fingerboard. What a glorious bass.

Your Flea (if you can call it that) is the prettiest Flea I've ever seen. Is that a standard configuration? sure looks like a custom variant to me. Congrats! It is AWESOME. What are the pickups? EMG? Barts?

What kind of amp do you play it through?

16. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    :eek: That bass is beautiful!:eek: Now I want one.:D

17. chrisb1024

chrisb1024 Guest

Mar 18, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    no it isn't a standard model it was orderded special for some randon buy who put 500 down and than took off negating his deal so i got the bass for a steal it has seymour duncan bassline pickups and an Aguilar Obp-1 Pre-Amp...i play this bass through an ampeg b4r and swr golliath senior...awesome sound best b string ever heard way better than my q5 thats why i am selling it i will never play it again after purchasing this amazing bass(wich is saying alot because my q5 is the shiz)

18. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    that looks great.. makes me want to steal it.... haha.. just kidding:bag: