1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new Moody strap...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Lokire, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Lokire

Lokire Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Seattle, Washington
    ...is on the way!!! :D

I've been wanting one forever and finally decided to splurge and just order it. Black/Black with the leather backing. Got an e-mail yesterday saying it shipped. Shouldn't be long now :hyper:

I figure since I've got a couple $3,000+ custom basses, spending ~$160 on the best possible handmade strap ever(!) is easily worth it. My basses and shoulder deserve it :smug:

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Don't hate Lokire because he's beautiful.

3. Lokire

Lokire Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Seattle, Washington
    :p

4. Lokire

Lokire Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Seattle, Washington
    According to tracking it's "Enroute" and in my state. Does that mean I'll be getting it sometime today?

:hyper:

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Probably not. Out for delivery means you'll see it today. Endroute means you won't see it til next week :)

6. Toneonbass

Toneonbass

Jul 1, 2006
    ...makes sense to me:)

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Enjoy Greg ! :cool:

8. Lokire

Lokire Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Seattle, Washington
    Well I did get it today, so :p

Haven't opened it yet, as I just got home. Soon, soon...:hyper:

9. Lokire

Lokire Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Seattle, Washington
    Hmm...I might actually prefer my old 3" Levy's strap. Obviously there's nothing imperfect about the Moody. It looks, feels, and smells :)smug: ) amazing. But it has that "glove leather" on the back, which I'm not sure I like. I prefer the smooth leather backing on my Levy's which easily slides around on my shoulder.

That, and 4" fills up all the space on my shoulder. I'm sure that's perfect for support, but it looks a little funny to me :p

10. Thats the issue I have with other real high end straps. My padded 3.5" Levys strap has suited me just fine for the past few years. And nothing is like that smooth leather once it is nice and broken in. :)

11. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I just use some dental floss. :(

12. Lokire

Lokire Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Seattle, Washington
    Ouchies. The rope option was just out of your price range? :ninja:

BTW: I love your signature. Who said that quote?

13. hmmm a bit over rated? im thinking of ordering an italia strap, seems a better way to go.

14. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Stephen Roberts.

I actually have a 3.5" leather strap myself. It's just not fancy like yours. ;)

15. Lokire

Lokire Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Seattle, Washington
    Overrated? Not at all. In my opinion. If you like a wide strap with a suede or glove leather backing then these would be perfect.

Personally, I would never order an Italia, just because of some of the bad things I've seen from and heard about them.

16. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I'm continuing with this trend of referring to my Levy's 3.5 inch wide strap to Moody's. If i buy another strap-it will either be a Moody's......or another Levy's M6.

17. Hmm, I've never heard anything bad about Italia Straps. I have three of them. I have compared them to my friends Moody. They are pretty much the same thing. I prefer my Italias' since they were only about $30 apiece. the nice thing is, I have three of them in different colors to use on different basses.