1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My New Multi-Layered Bass Recording!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BassGod, Dec 18, 2006.

1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I made this here song, called Cathodic Narcotic. Everything you hear is bass. It's not flashy or ultra-technical (rather, it's slow and moody), but please give it a listen, and let me know how it sounds. For those who care, the bass used is my EBMM Sterling.

http://media.putfile.com/Cathodic-Narcotic

Thanks,
    Graeme

2. For a more mellow song, I liked it :)

Sounds a bit dirty at bits, but that might be the recording gear, and I know it's alot cleaner than mine would be.

Also whereabouts in Ajax are you? I'm from there myself.

3. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Yeah my recording gear kinda sucks, just a computer mic. But I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I'm from around DOC high school, if you know where that is.

Graeme

4. Ah, I go to Ajax.

A computer mic you say... My dad's computer has a nice sound card, with a Line in that I can play my bass through, just haven't found any quality recording equipment yet, what would you reccomend?

5. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Bump.

Graeme

6. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    No replies? Is it that bad? ;)

Graeme

7. julo

julo

Jan 18, 2005
    Boulder, CO
    Well, the recording may not be the cleanest but that's alright with me.
    what I really did not enjoy was the click-clang, that starts at 1:40 and the feedback at the end, the first for the fact that it does not bring much too the song in term of rythm, and the second is really too high pitch to my ears.

I was expecting more Ebow-esque phrasing, I really like that effect/sound, and for a mellow stuff that would have been cool. so maybe use the Ebow, volume pedal, slow gear stuff instead, and find something else, to create rythm.

But I like the melody, it might not be technical but i don't care too much for technical. I like MELODIES.

Cheers
    J

8. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it. I actually really liked the clicky parts (which, for the record, was some tapping with heavy use of delay).

I'm glad you like the melody. It's really the first time I've actually worked with natural harmonics.

Volume pedal stuff would be cool, I may have to look into that. Phaser or deep chorus might also add some texture I'm thinking.

What else could create rythym? I don't want to bring in a drum machine or anything, I'd like to keep it all bass. But in past recordings I've slapped and popped muted strings. Slapping the E and popping the G/D makes for surprisingly convincing kick drum and snare sounds, respectively.

Thanks again,
    Graeme

9. I liked it mostly, as stated before the tapping and feedback didn't really bring much to the table, but the melody was quite cool.