My new NEHOTT EAB - a review.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products

Electric Acoustic Bass.

While at NAMM a couple of weeks back I was on a mission to get myself an inexpensive acoustic 5 string.

I played just about every AEB I saw that had a pricetag under $1000 and a handful over $2000. Started to get good after a while at guessing the prices just from playing them :) . There really was a difference as in the higher priced basses, more in feel and electronics than acoustic sound though. I basically wanted something loud acoustically that played well and had good action. I thought I was going to leave empty handed as just about every Korean made bass I played was crap - and then it entered my life...

The J.B. Player (JBP) JBEAB 4000

Thinner and smaller body than any other acoustic I've owned, yet a sound that really projects acoustically. Not sure why. The size and shape make it really easy to maneuvre and play. The action is awesome, no buzzes anywhere. String spacing seems almost identical to my Bongo, may be a hair closer together but not enough for me to even notice. Sounds awesome plugged in, all strings have even volume (which was a huge problem with other basses in this price range). The B is SLIGHTLY lower amplified, but has character and defnition acoustically. It lists for $499. I found it for around $300 in a search. I paid $180 because it was the last day of NAMM and people look to unload their stuff. This was the most boring review I ever wrote.

I'm happy anyhow and wanted to share.

2. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Nice looking bass there!! The spacings a little tight for my tastes but she is beautiful. Congrats!