Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my new nemesis overheats :(

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by darkenraja, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Well, i finally picked up my brand new Nemesis nc-410 combo the other day, and had almost a week to break it in.

Come our first show with it (today) im playing....and it soudns AWESOME! the best, most powerful amp i have ever used.

about 3-4 songs into the set....the thing cuts out. I touch the back, and its scorching hot...i look down..and to my suprise, the fan hasn't even turned on at all.....

So, im thinking its a faulty fan or thermal sensor thats done it.

sooo inconveniant, but i guess im just going to have to replace it with a new one or get it serviced. such a pity....ITS AN AWESOME SOUNDING AMP!

2. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    That doesn't sound right, no pun intended.

Do you have 110/240 volt ability with it and is the correct fuse in place?

How hot was the place you were playing and were you pushing it really hard?

I had a Nemesis for five years of steady gigging and the thermal protection shut it down twice. Both times outdoors in the Middle East in June when it was very hot outside.

That is unusual. Contact Eden and let us know how they handle it.

3. nope, wasnt pushing it hard at all..

it was an outside show, maybe about 35 degrees celcius.

But the unit was HOT!

alos, i borrowed a nc-115 and played it on a hotter outdoor show, and pushed it twice as hard, yet it was still pretty decent temp. the fan didnt even have to come on i dont think!

4. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    The newer models have a fan. The older vsersion had a massive heat sink. If you haven't heard your fan, I suspect that could have contributed.

35C? Where are you?