Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my new new gear.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PinkTelephone, Oct 24, 2005.

1. ok so i posted the mesa i bought a few days ago with problems i had with it and so on. so i back to the store today and returned it and bought....

[​IMG]

i think it sounded great at the store through the same head i have and another rick (tuned higher).
    so i get it home and fit it nicely into my civic (thank god haha) after spending an arm and a leg only to encounter a new problem

i pull in all my stuff ready to jam by myself before work and i turn it on and NOTHING!

i'm pretty sure i blew my head at the last band practice. when i turned it on that day it had like a destortion noise for a second and quickly turned it off, scared. i turned it back on a few minutes later and everything seemed ok.
    when i got home today and turned it on the same thing happened, distortion sound from a guitar amp, like buzz, but super loud... after a few moments the got nasty feedback and shut off... i let it sit for 4 hour while at work, only to come home to the same problem. i tryed switching cables, everything, turning on and off, different bass and everything.. is there anything i can do to fix it or am i doomed to return my cabinets AGAIN and get lesser cabs and a new head? please help

thanks.

2. bump?

Anybody? i got a show saterday i need help. thanks.

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Yup.

Sounds like yer head is cooked. :(

Look fer one of the older 3500s...they're good heads and won't cost you an arm + leg.

4. noooooooooooooooo :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

i'm really gotta see if i cant somehow get a new head without giving up new my babies

5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Looks like you need a new head... Try another head on it (at a store or wherever) before you get a new one though.

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
  7. good joke
    haha just kidding, but i couldnt i love biking