my new new gear.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PinkTelephone, Oct 24, 2005.

1. ok so i posted the mesa i bought a few days ago with problems i had with it and so on. so i back to the store today and returned it and bought....

i think it sounded great at the store through the same head i have and another rick (tuned higher).
    so i get it home and fit it nicely into my civic (thank god haha) after spending an arm and a leg only to encounter a new problem

i pull in all my stuff ready to jam by myself before work and i turn it on and NOTHING!

i'm pretty sure i blew my head at the last band practice. when i turned it on that day it had like a destortion noise for a second and quickly turned it off, scared. i turned it back on a few minutes later and everything seemed ok.
    when i got home today and turned it on the same thing happened, distortion sound from a guitar amp, like buzz, but super loud... after a few moments the got nasty feedback and shut off... i let it sit for 4 hour while at work, only to come home to the same problem. i tryed switching cables, everything, turning on and off, different bass and everything.. is there anything i can do to fix it or am i doomed to return my cabinets AGAIN and get lesser cabs and a new head? please help

2. bump?

Anybody? i got a show saterday i need help. thanks.
  3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

Sounds like yer head is cooked. :(

Look fer one of the older 3500s...they're good heads and won't cost you an arm + leg.
  4. noooooooooooooooo :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

i'm really gotta see if i cant somehow get a new head without giving up new my babies
  5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Looks like you need a new head... Try another head on it (at a store or wherever) before you get a new one though.
  6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
  7. good joke
    haha just kidding, but i couldnt i love biking