My new Nordstrand on order!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jacochops, Oct 22, 2003.

1. jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    I finally, after much debate and changing my order (and changing, and changing, and changing...) I finally settled on what my new SC4 will be...scope it out..
    Alder body
    flamed koa top
    birdseye maple back
    3 piece quartersawn maple
    quartersawn maple board
    70's style Fender-looking pearl blocks
    white binding (gotta go pimpy!)
    hipshot hardware (probably gold on koa)
    dinky frets
    brass nut
    j-bass width at nut
    Carey's side-by-side J pickups (I think that's what he calls them..Carey, if you're out there, correct me, please)
    OBP-3 preamp w/passive tone control
    satin finish
    Whaddaya think?
    I was going to go the macassar ebony board route, but after talking with him, I changed to a maple board. I don't want the maple clackiness, but I love the look. He thinks he can get what I'm after. If anyone can, it's him!
    I'm sure I frustrated him with all of the changes, but in the end, I think it'll be sweet!
    Anyone here ever have a bass with a koa top and maple board?
  2. Sounds great! Should be one pretty bass. Congrats.
  3. I will soon have one with a koa top and a something board. Sounds like some sweet specs. What kind of a sound are you going for?

4. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    That sounds like something I'd get! Say... Christmas is in 2 months or so.. Whaddya say? ;)
  5. Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    Sounds tidy, jacochops! Ya gotta love those 70's necks - nice choice

& gawd! That pensa is hot!!
  6. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer, Builder
    Thats a sweet Pensa-Suhr. I would have bought it a while back, but they want way to much for their basses all the time.

I'd love to have that old and original Pensa-Suhr! Alot of them back in the day were koa.

Your Nordstrand sounds like it will be a sweet axe as well!
  7. jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    That Pensa sure (no pun intended) is sweet! Kinda funny....the Pensa-Suhr/Nordstrand connection! Carey used to work for John Suhr (great guitars, by the way!)..I end up ordering a bass from Carey, and up pops a pic of a Pensa-Suhr. I should break out my "Book of Urantia" and see if there's some kind of connection! ;)
    I'm hoping it'll be ready by December sometime.
    Y'all see the new bass that Adrian at accessbass got? Sheesh!! Someone call the Smithsonian, and quick! That looks like a museum quality piece, for sure.
    Anyone see the Fodera Lincoln Goines bass at Bunnybass with the koa top? I'd put up a pic, but alas, I'm techno-challenged! Could someone put that pic up for viewing/drooling?
  8. WOW!

Me Likey!

9. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Does that thing come with a matching set of beverage coasters?