1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My new Nordstrand on order!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jacochops, Oct 22, 2003.

1. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    I finally, after much debate and changing my order (and changing, and changing, and changing...) I finally settled on what my new SC4 will be...scope it out..
    Alder body
    flamed koa top
    birdseye maple back
    3 piece quartersawn maple
    quartersawn maple board
    70's style Fender-looking pearl blocks
    white binding (gotta go pimpy!)
    hipshot hardware (probably gold on koa)
    dinky frets
    brass nut
    j-bass width at nut
    Carey's side-by-side J pickups (I think that's what he calls them..Carey, if you're out there, correct me, please)
    OBP-3 preamp w/passive tone control
    satin finish
    Whaddaya think?
    I was going to go the macassar ebony board route, but after talking with him, I changed to a maple board. I don't want the maple clackiness, but I love the look. He thinks he can get what I'm after. If anyone can, it's him!
    I'm sure I frustrated him with all of the changes, but in the end, I think it'll be sweet!
    Anyone here ever have a bass with a koa top and maple board?

2. Sounds great! Should be one pretty bass. Congrats.

3. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

I will soon have one with a koa top and a something board. Sounds like some sweet specs. What kind of a sound are you going for?

Geoff

4. It's from bunny bass

[​IMG]

5. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    That sounds like something I'd get! Say... Christmas is in 2 months or so.. Whaddya say? ;)

6. Slot

Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    Sounds tidy, jacochops! Ya gotta love those 70's necks - nice choice

& gawd! That pensa is hot!!

7. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Thats a sweet Pensa-Suhr. I would have bought it a while back, but they want way to much for their basses all the time.

I'd love to have that old and original Pensa-Suhr! Alot of them back in the day were koa.

Your Nordstrand sounds like it will be a sweet axe as well!

8. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    That Pensa sure (no pun intended) is sweet! Kinda funny....the Pensa-Suhr/Nordstrand connection! Carey used to work for John Suhr (great guitars, by the way!)..I end up ordering a bass from Carey, and up pops a pic of a Pensa-Suhr. I should break out my "Book of Urantia" and see if there's some kind of connection! ;)
    I'm hoping it'll be ready by December sometime.
    Y'all see the new bass that Adrian at accessbass got? Sheesh!! Someone call the Smithsonian, and quick! That looks like a museum quality piece, for sure.
    Anyone see the Fodera Lincoln Goines bass at Bunnybass with the koa top? I'd put up a pic, but alas, I'm techno-challenged! Could someone put that pic up for viewing/drooling?

9. WOW!

Me Likey!

[​IMG]
    Treena

10. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Does that thing come with a matching set of beverage coasters?