Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new NV215!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by schmittuml, Dec 14, 2005.

1. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    found one on craigslist......oh man this thing is a beautiful cab! i have been playin through a GK 1001RB-II into an eden 410XLT and the es just so muddy on the B string. This thing is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! i cant get over the clarity form a pair of 15's....anyways. Pic is posted:

For those who care the rig is as follows:

Modulus Flea 5 or Marcus Miller IV --> MF-101 Low Pass --> GK 1001RB-II(being sold as we speak)-->NV215

-Brian

Attached Files:

2. You must be real tall...
    Congrats Bro. I'm checkin' one out too.

3. i think you can find lighter, cheaper amp stands than a mesa 1x15. i wish i had an NV215 sitting under my classic 400.

robb.

4. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Congrats! I was quite fond of the sound of that Flea through my NV610.

I should probably change my avatar one of these days. :)

5. schmittuml

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    That Mesa 1X15 is just my 'practice amp" in my apartment.... it is on the market to be sold. I am waiting on my talkbass supporting membership to go through so I can post gear to be sold. As far as amps, I am looking at mesa 400+ or a vintage SVT.... and one of those bad boys will be fully powered running the NV215 paired up with either a NV610 or a NV425 I cant decide yet :hyper: :hyper:

now its just finishing up gathering my pedals together, and perhaps selling off some of my basses. msquared, I might possibly be sellin the flea 5, I believe I am def gonna sell the marcus miller....

Who knows but look for some great upgrades and pics in the next coming weeks... :ninja:

6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Either route would be simply awesome!

7. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I really miss that thing. I'm still kicking myself for selling it. What are you thinking of replacing it and the Marcus with?

8. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Congrats!...the nv215 is an awesome cab, I can't wait till I get the oppurtunity to play it with my nv610.... :D

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    As someone who uses a Mesa 400+ with a NV610, I can say that'll rock! I'd really like an NV215 too!

10. Being a former 400+ lover and user... I don't know if it could power two NV cabs ... ? I know it goes to 2ohm or will run two 4ohm cab what ever... but I always found them shy on power even though I think one NV is a good match. IMO.

11. Can't even imagine how loud that'd be! But it would nice if my Classic 400 went down to 2 ohms...i'd get me another NV425!

Jeff

12. schmittuml

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    OK heres the review....

After ti sitting in my apartment teasing me last night to not push it above a whisper....... I opened this beast up at a session.

CLEANEST B STRING I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!!!!! (on my 34" scale flea 5 which was muddy through my eden410XLT)..... msquared, the only reason i would sell this badboy now is for a quantam 5 but damn it tore it up today!(if i ever sell it i'm offering it back to you seeing as you are its true parent) I usually strayed away from the B string in jams with this band (jazz-funk-soul-classicrock-kickass instrumental jamband).....today I was all over the lower register with confidence. Open B's you ask? NOTTT A PROBLEM. I've played through ampegs, edens, and as far as 15's I have an old mesa 1X15 that couldn'thandle a B too well...... and an old peavey....this is by far the cleanest cab that I PERSONALLY have ever heard. I know tom and all you guys with ur whappo stacks i don't even wanna play through one cause of the GAS i'd get.....but goddamnit i am happy with this cab.

SIDENOTE: I didn't turn the MF-101 off for 3 hours.....that thing is perfect. Lowend holds strong, high end filtered up nicely. Hence the LOWPASS filter.......i recommend it to anyone

MORAL OF THIS STORY: THE NV215 IS BEAUTIFUL

now who wants to buy a mm4 Jazz and a Mesa 1X15 roadready :D :D

13. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...another "Happy Ending Love Story"...

~S~

PS: Ya listening Jim B...

14. Soulfinger

Soulfinger

Sep 20, 2004
    Houston, TX
    What's a "MF-101"?

15. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Man, Bergantino cabs are simply the best choice for a fat, vintagy yet modern vibe. And man, these cabs are LOUD and have tons of low end. And they do not strain the wallet as much as they probabally should :smug:

16. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    +1

Seriously Jim B, are ya listening? We love the NVs!! :hyper: :D

17. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Haha, awesome. I would love to have it back but I couldn't afford it right now so it's good that you're holding onto it. :) If you get a Q5, I'd like to hear what you think of the Nordie-equipped Flea compared to it.

Man.. now I kind of want an NV215.. dang it.

18. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Actually, now that you've played the NV215, I don't think that this would give you more GAS - unless of course, you wanted to hear an NV215 driven by an SA200! :p

I'm glad that I am not the only one loving this cab. And I agree that it's the best low B cab out there (well, except perhaps for my IP322! ;)).

Enjoy!

Tom.

19. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Yep, hearing Tom's NV215 definitely increased my GAS for one!

20. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    You guys are really making me want to check one out! :hyper:

I've been a 2 15" guy about forever.