Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by demolition, Jul 20, 2004.

1. demolition

demolition Guest

Jul 5, 2003
    I seen an add for a M.M SUB,so I went and got one for a decent price(450.00$)it was a cool bass but its neck was to thick for my taste,so I was deciding on a H.W.1 p-bass and out of the conner of my eye was this chrome red beauty waiting for a test drive(yes a p-bass).
    It had a maple f/board and a black p/gaurd set against a very brite chrome red p/job,I WAS IN LOVE :D .
    It played OK but it need a truss adj BAD,so I used it to my advantage,I played it off like it mite not set-up well ETC,blah,blah,blah,and it went hook line and sinker.
    After the 100.00 rebate being offered I walked out with it costing me 650.00$ :hyper:,I took it home,twisted the t-rod an VIOLA ! one perfect Fender p-bass.
    I swore I would not pay and arm and a leg for a new US Fender,so It paid for me to wait till the right deal came along.
    Sorry no pics, MUST PLAY BASS INSTED :bassist:
  2. Wicked.

Chrome Red is an awsome colour...And red basses just rule..period. :)
  3. Are you sure its Highway 1 and not an American because I dont think Hwy 1's come with maple fretboards.
  4. Highway 1's don't come with maple fretboards, and they don't come in chrome red. Crimson red transparent is the closes color option, and the color can't be bright, because it would have a satin finish on it (dullish and transparent, very smooth and not sticky-like). Plus Fender doesn't offer a black pickguard on H1's. What could it mean? You might have gotten an American standard! All the points above lead to an American series bass.

Either way, as long as you got a good deal on a great bass, good job! Pics would be nice, but go play your bass! ;)

EDIT: Unless I read it wrong, and you were looking for a Highway 1 but found an American series one and decided to try it. Yeah, probably my mistake.
  5. demolition

demolition Guest

Jul 5, 2003
    I was trying out some H.W.1's and seen the American standard hanging on the wall,I own a H.W.1 jazz and it rocks,while working at G.C. i waited till I found one that was a cut abover the rest then jumped on it.
    Sorry about the mix-up,this bass has the maple neck and rolled edges and extensive frett and nut work, while the HW1's only have the r/wood and un-worked neck.
    Wish I had a camera :crying:
  6. Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    I won't believe it til I see pics! :D
  7. Congrats. I just picked up my first "real" p-bass a couple of weeks ago (a black mid 70s MIA with ashtrays) and I love it. Sounds like you got a good deal.
  8. demolition

demolition Guest

Jul 5, 2003
    Believe it or not,I only paid 650.00$out the door and I have a 50.00$re-bate coming from Fender which lowers it to a cool 600.00$. :hyper:
    But sadly enuff I dont think it sounds better than my 84 P-BASS Japan,or should I say has as much"THUMP"though my Japan has Dimarzio's I think the U.S. Fender should match up,but it's not as BOLD.
    But I'm not being an ungrateful shmuck,the vibe it has with Roto-sound Jazz Flats is still a force to reckon with.
    THANKS for the interest,is nice to be back here where I belong(I had no comp. for a year :crying: )