My new Peavey BAM 210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by embellisher, Mar 7, 2003.

1. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Major thumbs up!

I picked up my new BAM yesterday, and had rehearsal about an hour later.

The tone is better than my old Eden Metro combo, or any other 2x10 combo I have ever heard. Got major compliments from the band last night, can't wait to gig with it.

Man, this thing is loud! In spite of the supposedly inefficient drivers, this is capable of significantly higher volume than the Eden was.

The top end is smoother than the Eden. It is capable of glass shattering highs, but the tweeter sounds more 'musical' to my ears.

Most importantly(to me) is the way that it handles the lowest notes on my 6 string. Everything below E comes through loud and clear, with tons of fundamental. The B and C are noticeably quieter(3 dB or so?:confused:?) than C# and upwards, but they are very useable. This 2x10 combo moves air almost like a 2x15 cabinet! Much better low end than my Metro.:)

I may eventually add a 2x10 cabinet to get the full 500 watts out of the amp, but it will be more out of GAS than necessity.

Kudos to Peavey for building a great sounding, feature laden combo amp at an amazingly low price. The effects and modeling sound very good, but for me, they are just gravy. I bought the amp for the volume and tone it is capable of, and its ability to function as a standalone at high volumes with a 5 or 6 string bass.

I will post a full review once I figure out how to use everything. The clean tone of the amp and speakers get a 4 1/2 out of 5, at least.:) The ease of use gets more like a 3, unless I am just a slow learner.;)
  2. WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Whats the price of the Peavey BAM 210, I think Ima get me one if the price is right.
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

List price is $1499.

I will give you a hint. Buy the amp from a local dealer, and negotiate. You will get a much better price than they sell for online.
  4. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Cool beans, Jeff!! :)
  5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Congrats, Jeff... that's an excellent combo.