1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new playlist - check it out

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by AmazingGracePlayer, Mar 19, 2009.

1. I decided to make a playlist today. The songs on their are mainly meant to be played when driving on highways. Along with a fast car, the songs, hopefully, will fuel most of my testosterone's needs. Any comments, inputs, and additions are more than welcome!

Title - Artist

Runnin' Wild - Airbourne
    Blackjack - Airbourne
    Cochise - Audioslave
    Your Time Has Come - Audioslave
    Out Of Exile - Audioslave
    Man Or Animal - Audioslave
    Beast And The Harlot - Avenged Sevenfold
    Final Wars - Buckethead
    Welcome To The Jungle - GnR
    Chinese Democracy - GnR
    Better - GnR
    I.R.S. - GnR
    The Trooper - Iron Maiden
    Atlantis To Interzone - Klaxons
    To Hell We Ride - Lostprophets
    I Don't Know - Lostprophets
    Ace Of Spades - Motorhead
    To Be Loved - Papa Roach
    Bulls On Parade - Rage Against The Machines
    Killing In The Name - Rage Against The Machines
    Feed - Sevendust

2. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    No Rolling Stones?

:bag:

3. Alcyon

Alcyon

Jan 15, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    No offense but aside from the Buckethead, Maiden and Klaxons this is a pretty tired alt-rock list. I admit I used to be huge into Audioslave but honestly, Avenged Sevenfold? There is a lot of really great driving music, bands that don't pander to Pitchfork but won't get you laughed out of the mosh pit either. Check out Fu Manchu, Kyuss, Melvins, Unida, Orange Goblin, classic stuff like Deep Purple, and more metal stuff like Pantera or early Metallica if you're into that.

In the end though everyone likes what they like, but I've always felt that people who listen to really mainstream (imo boring) stuff just haven't been introduced to the really awesome stuff yet.

4. Wow, thank you sir. Fu Manchu will be on my Favorite Band list. :bassist::bassist:

5. Alcyon

Alcyon

Jan 15, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    My god am I glad to hear that. So happy to hear you liked some of that stuff. Fu is a great band! If you like them, they are heavily inspired by Kyuss, who are considered the creators of stoner rock/desert rock... And Scott Reeder, their bassist, absolutely rules. Fingerpicks a left-handed Rickenbacker through Ampeg gear. Highly recommended.

6. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    He also uses Ibanez ATKs.

7. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Psh, Scott Reeder was only the bassist for two Kyuss records.

Nick Oliveri held down the low end for their first releases, including the seminal Blues For The Red Sun

8. Alcyon

Alcyon

Jan 15, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I actually prefer Wretch to Blues (but Circus and Sky Valley are my favourites), and on top of that, despite how badass Nick's playing is on a lot of records (including QOTSA) I have trouble giving him credit based on the things said about his treatment of women and general douchebaggery. And I prefer Reeder's riffs.

9. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    You think Wretch is better than Blues?!

It must be all that B.C. bud...

10. Alcyon

Alcyon

Jan 15, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Well, partly, but mainly it's just because Son of a Bitch is the greatest song ever written. With the best lyrics. And tempo. Ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvEl1yiH3xQ

11. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Oh, I know the song. The real problem I have with Wretch is the production: it blows!

12. Alcyon

Alcyon

Jan 15, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Oh, you just aren't turning it up loud enough. :smug: