Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Popsicle :(

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by =^..^=, Dec 2, 2002.

1. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Got a call today from the shop where I'd ordered the Steinberger from saying it was in. Hurried over there very rapidly with a cheque in my hand.

Ken (the shop manager) had got it out of the box but it was still packed in the gig bag so he started to open it - I gave him a hand and removed the bubble wrap from the tuners.

I spotted there was a chip out of the very top of where the scroll would be (right at the end of the 'head' ?). Mmm I thought. Then I spotted the crack running out from the chip...

The whole top of the head had split so the E and A tuners were on one piece and the D and G were on the other piece. The crack extended about 2" down the back of the neck.....

Further investigaiton showed that at sometime in transit it had been dropped pretty heavily as the gig bag padding was cut where the bass had cut into it as it fell....

Downer....

Just waiting to hear now how long it is before they can get another. (Fingers crossed).

Has any one managed to make an extended pin rather than use the stand ? It looked like it should be a fairly simple bit of fabrication.

2. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Tomorrow is the day !! The Bass Centre have realy pulled out all the tops (nice guys) and hopefully if TNT get it here I shall have a shiny new Steinberger 5 string. :) :)

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Yeowtch...I hate it when instruments fall victim to mishandling by the chimps we're forced to entrust them to. At least you're getting an extra string in the deal. I'll never forget the sight of my DB after airlines people busted it in half, and then stuffed it out the access door to the terminal for me to find on my own. I saw red, we had words, they paid, happy ending.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

That's great - the Bass Centre people have always been the best people for service and just helping you out! So they took a string off another bass in stock as they didn't have any spare EUB strings - just so I would have a matched set. But loads fo other things as well.

I will always rather buy things from shops like this, even when you pay a bit more - it is always worth it! :)

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

NS do make something like this - look on their website :

http://www.nedsteinberger.com/files/endpinstand.html

6. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Its here !!! WOHOOOOO !!!