Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new power amp. 1u, 8.5 kilos 2000W RMS

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dood, Mar 6, 2006.

1. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    sitting down,facingforward..UK
    Endorsements: Shuker Guitars, Dingwall Designer Guitars, D'Addario, Planet Waves, Barefaced Bass
    Hi everyone. I thought I'd share some news that I posted on Bassworld recently. I know that most of us have a) bad backs and b) an insatiable need to be heard. SO I recently bought one of these:-

http://pro-audio.powersoft.it/product_list.php?id_menu=271&id=62

1000W RMS+1000W RMS .. 1u .. 8.5kilos

You may remember I hassled you for info on 2u stereo bass heads, but just banged my head against the wall. nothing seemed to be right for the job. I wanted to keep my preamp anyway.. so a few days of googling, found 'Powersoft' from Italy and the UK distributor, Beyerdynamic.. (Though mine ended up coming from a PA company, new)

You've gotta see some of these specifications, they are sick

http://pro-audio.powersoft.it/an_series_list.php?use_in=53&id_menu=271&id=12

I have gigged my amp twice now and it is very powerful and crystal clear. OK the price tag is a bit hefty, but for once I think it is pretty much worth it. My 4u rack now has my preamp, my FX, a stereo compressor AND the new poweramp.. I can carry it with one hand! COuldn't do that with my SVT2 pro!! ;o)

I know there has been a lot of 'opinions' on D Class technology, but, I would like to honestly say, my once slightly tainted views, in favour of pure valve have now been put to rest. I'm thrilled!

I have the amp running into 2 Tech Soundsystems 4x10 cabs, rated at 1200W rms each, just to be on the safe side.

2. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    That would be perfect for me. just cant aford one.
    Good luck with it though.

3. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    Endorsements: Shuker Guitars, Dingwall Designer Guitars, D'Addario, Planet Waves, Barefaced Bass
    Hello Dave ;o)

4. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Where did you get it? I want one!!!

5. Couldn't find a price, but I bet I can't afford it.......

Tasty find, though! Hope that the technology gets cheaper over time.

Well done!

6. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    Mine came from a UK PA 'parts' company.

Beyerdynamic are the 'official' distributor.. I *think* they have a recommended reatil price on their websites..

7. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Hi dood
    funny who you bump in to this time of night eh?

8. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
  9. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    heh heh!! bless ya! yeh, couldn't wind down tonight, so I thought i'd go for a snout round TB!! awww, it's nearly passed my bed time! LOL LOL

10. The D2002 or D2004 would be all I need. Pretty sweet stuff, but I'm not in the market.............yet.:smug:

11. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Yeah, well its gone mine.
    night all

12. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

13. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Congratulations!

This looks incredible. As close as you can get to a perfect amp.
    You've "Future Proofed" yourself. This an amp suitable for a lifetime.

I'll have to save a little to get there, but glad to hear about your current and future experiences.

14. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Thanks for the link, Charlie! I've got to save a little too. Might have to put some of my basses up for adoption, maybe some cabs as well...:eek:

15. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    Hey Thanks! yes, that has been my intention for a long while. I think I am FINALLY g.a.s.less in the amp department.. pheeeeew! I have sold my SVT2 pro and am selling my Yamaha power amp too, as it is no longer required. I'm just chuffed to have a light powerful rig that is complete in a 4 u rack case ;o)

It's getting another run this week in 2 more venues, i already know that i am gonna have no problems playin against MR 5150 on the RHS of the stage , or Bonzo II next to me!!!

16. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    You know your rig doesn't exist without pics

17. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

I'm not so sure you should be thanking me, LOL.:cool:

I'm sitting here over my morning java contemplating pulling out the plastic myself. I've known about the Powersoft stuff for a few years, but I had happily pushed the knowledge away for safekeeping -- until now.

BTW, you might wasnt to look at some of the other models. Some will bridge to 4 ohms, if that's important to you.

18. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Yeah, I was looking at the specs. They seem congruent to QSC PLX2 specs. Not the same as, but their models seem to kind of have the same flow to them.

19. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    Hey Ste'! true.. but I spent all my money on the 2004, now I don't have any dough for a replacement digicam.. I'd be too embarassed to post 'phone camera' pics he he he!!

20. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Camera phone pics would be acceptable, in this case, as proof of ownership. :D