1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My new practice tool

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by davide82, Nov 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. davide82

davide82

Nov 29, 2016
    Hi guys, I would like to share my new website with you.
    You can find it at www.jamkie.com and it will help you on your daily practice. It's still an early beta version and you can only practice playing along a static chord or create your chord progression but new updates will be released soon.

Let me know what you think or just leave a feedback through the website.

Cheers

FantasticFour likes this.
  2. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    It doesn't work. Nothing happens when I press start.

3. davide82

davide82

Nov 29, 2016
    Hi Thuddy, thanks for your feedback. Could you let me know which device are you using (is it a laptop or a mobile phone and which one) and what's the browser?

Thanks

4. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm using a PC desktop computer with Internet Explorer.

5. davide82

davide82

Nov 29, 2016
    Ok thanks, I'll have a look and see why this is not working. In the meantime you can try visiting the website using another browser like Chrome or Firefox. With one of those it should be ok.

Cheers

6. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Works for me in Chrome. A bit rudimentary, but fine. Is there going to be the possibility of a sustained chord, as these "changes" a re a bit abrupt?

7. davide82

davide82

Nov 29, 2016
    Hi Gaston, thanks for your feedback. As you can see this is a very early version and I'll develop new features as soon as I find some free time from work (very challenging). At the moment the first feature I think I'll add is the possibility to create accounts and save the chord progressions against it.

8. I just pulled it up on Safari and it plays but there is no sound. I'll have to look into it later when I get home from work.

9. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    works perfectly for me-super!

10. Works fine for me.

Desktop PC....Windows 10....FireFox.

steve66 likes this.
  11. Buzz E

Buzz E Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2014
    San Francisco, CA
    I didn't see any boobies... :-(

12. vishalicious

vishalicious

Mar 31, 2011
    Yonkers, NY
    I'm on Windows 7. Works for me in Chrome. Doesn't work in IE11. The page loads and you can choose notes, but nothing happens when you click Start.

13. davide82

davide82

Nov 29, 2016
    Hi all, I've added a new feature. You can now register and then save your own list of chord progressions. Hope this makes someone happy! :) Also if you are having issues with the sound my suggestion would be trying with Chrome or a newer version of the browser you're currently using.

Let me know your feedbacks

14. FantasticFour

FantasticFour

Dec 14, 2013
    Europeland
    It does! I'll be using that for sure, thanks!

15. This is really great, nice work man. It may be simple but it works brilliantly for practicing weird and out harmonisation without ticking off your guitarist or keyboardist.

16. farace

farace

Jul 9, 2016
    Connecticut USA
    It cycles through the progression, but no sound on an iPad.

17. Buzz E

Buzz E Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2014
    San Francisco, CA
    That's cool!

18. One option I could see being very neat and useful would be the ability to build your own chords (or at least adding more chords to use) plus choosing how long each chord lasts. I'm sure a lot of our ideas will be implemented in later versions though. Again, I think this is a brilliant service.

19. davide82

davide82

Nov 29, 2016
    Thanks for your feedback, I'll do a test on iPad and see what I can do to fix it. In the meantime you could try downloading Chrome. It should be fine with that.