Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new pro steels

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by McCalister999, Jul 19, 2005.

1. I just got a new set of D'addario pro steels for my Jazz, and wow what a difference! My bass seemed to jump back to life with bright ringing tone, I can't stop playing it! I haven't changed my strings in over a year, and my bass just sounded dead, but with this I am in love again. :smug:
    Any other similar experiences?

2. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Well, after a year of not changing strings, ANY new strings will sound really bright....

I have been meaning to try the Pro-Steels though. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Any impressions on these strings from anyone else?

3. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    I give them a thumbs up. I tried 'em on my 6er after some terribly quick-to-die La Bella steels, and the D'addario's outlasted.

4. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    NET
    Pro Steels are better than decent. They don't quite have the reassuring heft of Lo Riders, and the top end sings in a slightly more "nasal" voice, but they're very playable and seem to stand up better than most. They would now be my second choice if I couldn't get steel DRs.