1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new project (Gibson grabber content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SoLongJake, Mar 7, 2008.

1. SoLongJake

SoLongJake Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Just finished installing some fun into my Gibson Grabber.
    IMG_0003.
    IMG_0004.
    The install was super easy, and required no modifications to the body. The pickup slide even still works. I did have to drill a couple holes in the pickguard. Sounds as good as it looks.

2. Wow, soundclips!?
    That thing must rip it up... sorry I mean grab your balls!

3. SoLongJake

SoLongJake Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Des Moines, Iowa
    soundclip! Bass is strung with a new set of TI jazz flats.

This is just straight into my laptop. The first half is slid towards the bridge. The second half is slid towards the neck.

http://media.putfile.com/grabber-darkstar-test

The Pickup is a good amount bigger than the standard grabber pickup so the movement isn't nearly as much as it used to be. All in all I'm really happy with the upgrade.

4. Seriously I can't believe no one else has replied to this thread. The sound clip sounds pretty awesome and the bass just looks like a weapon of mass destruction. It seems to be lacking a bit of bottom end but I'm sure that's just how dry you recorded it (direct into laptop).
    I was always amazed at how darkstars can practically make flats sound like rounds.

5. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    nice job, that looks great!

6. Matt_W

Matt_W

May 3, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    Very nice. I wish I could afford to try my hand at some DarkStar-ness.

7. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Abuser of Thunderbird Shaped Objects. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    Very cool!!!:bassist:

8. mooney

mooney

Feb 9, 2005
    Quakertown, PA
    looks great. sound clips weren't working for me tho. what kind of pick up is that?

9. watspan

watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    plus you can flip the ds around ( poles towards the back) to get another range of tones