Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Rapture!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WillPlay4Food, Feb 23, 2004.

1. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Jugghaid hooked me up with this sweet bass. :cool: :bassist:
    It's got great low action a great fast neck and is incredibly easy to play. So, without further ado:

[​IMG]

This next picture shows why you should keep all fingers behind the camera body ;)

[​IMG]

I think the obstructed flash helped to bring out the bird's eye neck and the pearloid pickguard.

Here's another picture of the neck. Some really incredible figuring in this:

[​IMG]

2. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Here's a closeup of the headstock:

[​IMG]

With the low B on the Pedulla, I needed a cab with more looooow end response so I picked me up one of these :cool:

[​IMG]

3. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    This is the whole family (Schecter Stiletto Studio 4, Pedulla Rapture J-2000, and Squier P-Bass :eek: )

[​IMG]

I have a feeling my downstairs neighbors are going to be doing a lot of :eek: and :bawl: and :help: when I'm playing!

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

SWEET! I would have pulled the trigger on that bass if I'd had the funds. Enjoy!

5. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I like the Pedulla's a lot from what I have played. Very good bass for the price.

6. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Much like Embellisher I would have pulled the trigger on that one also if money had been in the right places. I even offered up a Thunderbolt as a trade.

Oh well my Thunderbolt 5 and Rapture 2000 PJ5 are suiting me just fine. :bassist:

7. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    WillPlay4Food, love it! I've loved every Rapture I've played. Really light, fast neck, great sound.

I'm considering getting a Rapture P/J 5 built, I'm swithering whether to spend the extra money for the AA top but yours looks awesome so that is pushing me in that direction

Jaye, do you have some pics you could post of your PJ5?

8. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Thanks guys! :)

I'm really loving this bass. I'm having difficulty doing much other than playing when I'm home!

Every Pedulla I've tried feels the same way; slick, polished, and crafted with attention to detail. I love the wicked low action it has. I got this bass because I wanted bart pickups and a maple neck and this JJ doesn't disappoint!

To embellisher and everyone else who tried to get this bass, I'm just glad I got there first! :hyper: :spit: ;)

9. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Very cool!

10. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Hee hee, I was wondering if anyone would notice the set. :)

11. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    The Rapture looks so sweet! :D
    Which Hartke amp do you have?

12. Copycat

Copycat Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Congrats. I've owned two Raptures over the years. The first was Planet Green, a metallic finish that glowed like kryptonite, bought when they were first introduced back in '96, I think. Sold it and immediately regretted it. So about a year ago, I found one at an upstate NY music store, new old stock and snagged it in an upstate NY minute. The new one is tobacco sunburst. More sedate finish, but still very sharp. Both of mine were the single Bart model with rosewood boards. Great basses. Enjoy.

13. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ

Thanks! :D

My amp is a Hartke HA2000. The amp is 120/200W at 8/4 ohms. It has both a tube and solid state preamps. I'm not in a band or anything so I haven't tried in any setting other than my living room.

14. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    you're lucky you got that before i did my friend, I was seriously about to consider selling off my Thunderbass to buy that off of him when I saw the ad.....

pedullas arent too common here in ny, so i figure i have to try them out owning them one at a time before settling on one.

awesome bass!

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    They really aren't too common anywhere, which is as much a crime as there is against bassdom.

I have continual GAS for a Pentabuzz and/or MVP. They are, however, always out of my price range. And by price range, I mean they aren't being given away for free. (I don't need this college edumacation, does I?)

Pedullas are some of the finest basses I've played. In my Top 5 consistently.

16. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    thejohnkim & Brendan,

It seems that Guitar Center is about the only "official" outlet for Pedulla basses. On the Pedulla website there's a list of official dealers. I know my local GC always has a Pedulla Rapture (this time 'round it's a PJ 5 stringer) in stock.

17. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    bump :)

18. Seth Watters

Seth Watters

Feb 23, 2004
    Yea, I just got one recently, and I can't stop playing it. Pedullas are great basses

19. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    What one is this? I'm jonesin' for a Rapture P/J. I'm in NYC area, if it's southern CT I can take a trip up there :D

20. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    Me like! Now you need to upgrade that hartke head to an ha5000 or ha7000 so you can bi-amp those cabs!!!