My new recording

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jokke_v, Jan 3, 2004.

1. jokke_v

Aug 15, 2003
    Bergen, Norway
    I've just finished recording my bands new song..
    It's the first whole song I've recorded, and I would appreciate some comments on it! I'm really new to recording/mixing and all that, cause I've only recorded something using a computer once before, which makes this my second recording..

Guitar: My good old Epiphone Les Paul --> Digitech RP6 --> Sound Card
    Bass: Ibanez GT-Series 5 string --> Digitech RP6 --> Soundcard
    Drums: I programmed them in MadTracker

I don't have any bass pedal stuff, so I used the RP6 for the bass too...

The vocals aren't added yet, because the vocalist is away.. ...that's the reason it's named karaokeversion... ...and it doesn't have a title yet either.. So it'll obviously get a little cooler with the vocals..!

All the bass parts are recorded by me, and the guitar **** is done by my band's guitar player..

BTW. The first solo on the mellow part is a bass solo.. ..just to inform you guys!

Anyways, here's the link: -just go in there and download the MP3, the HIFI stream thing works fine if you're not registered/don't want to register..

Comments and constructive critisism is highly appreciated!!
  2. nice song, i like the beginning. it reminds me of an Al Dimeola song i heard, i think the song had arabian in the title, of course i am just a fair weather al dimeola fan. the only beef i have is that the bass' tone and the rhythem guitar's tone kind of muddy each other up (my opinion) but as far as the notes, awesome song! dude, you don't even need vocals, i'd just put in a guitar solo, than another bass solo, and then at the end, both the guitar and bass just rock out with distortion and than a big ending and viola, there is the coolest rock instumental i've ever heard! but anyways, in short, cool song!