1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new recording

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Monte, Jan 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    DFW Area, Tejas
    Hi folks! Haven't been around TB in awhile, new purchase brought me back to the forum and I thought I'd let everyone know that a recording I was on while still in the Memphis area finally has been released by Select-O Hits on Agenda Records. Group is John Shaw & the Jazz Alliance titled "Warlords"

I'm super happy with how it turned out. John and I played together for years and getting to do his tunes with a quintet was very rewarding. We were one of the first to record at the Memphis Slim House Artist Collective studios and I think Isaac did a great job on the group sound.

If you are so inclined, here is a track from the recording.

It is in quite a few independent record stores (most carry Select-O hits catalog), and if you are so inclined to purchase you can buy direct for them for very cheap.
    John Shaw & The Jazz Alliance - War Lords [097037107536] - $7.99 : Select-O-Hits, Independent Music store

Give it a listen and let me know what you think. It is also on Spotify if so inclined.

Personnel:
    John Shaw -Piano
    Renardo Ward - Drums
    Johnny Yancey - Trumpet
    Kyle Lee - Sax
    Monte Butts - Bass

2. Mammoth_Bass

Mammoth_Bass Check out my band Mammothor!! Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    Really like it.... just purchased on iTunes

Monte likes this.