1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My New (Rental) DB

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by s7on3d, May 2, 2003.

1. s7on3d

s7on3d

Jun 26, 2002
    Ra'anana, Israel
    After a couple of weeks of calls and arranging, I finally got ahold of a DB on Sunday (sorry the traditional post is late but I had some problems with the pics). With a whole lot of help from one of the DB players from the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra, (after multiple failed attempts) I found A luthier in Jerusalem who had a DB that he had rented out and would be comming back in the near future.

Anyways, to make a long story short, on Friday afternoon he got it back and on Sunday evening I drove (thanks mom) to get it. He gave me an unusually good instrument for a rental (it's valued at $4500) and threw in quite a good french bow.

I had my first lesson today with the same guy from the Philharmonic that helped me so much. We really connected and he was a really nice guy, we even ran about 45 mins late on an hour lesson!

My initial feeling is: "Geez, these things are hard to play, but they sound so good!" . So here are the pics you've all been waiting for:

2. s7on3d

s7on3d

Jun 26, 2002
    Ra'anana, Israel
    A nicer pic of the front:

3. s7on3d

s7on3d

Jun 26, 2002
    Ra'anana, Israel
    The back of the bass:

4. s7on3d

s7on3d