Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New (Rental) DB

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by s7on3d, May 2, 2003.

1. s7on3d

s7on3d

Jun 26, 2002
    Ra'anana, Israel
    After a couple of weeks of calls and arranging, I finally got ahold of a DB on Sunday (sorry the traditional post is late but I had some problems with the pics). With a whole lot of help from one of the DB players from the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra, (after multiple failed attempts) I found A luthier in Jerusalem who had a DB that he had rented out and would be comming back in the near future.

Anyways, to make a long story short, on Friday afternoon he got it back and on Sunday evening I drove (thanks mom) to get it. He gave me an unusually good instrument for a rental (it's valued at $4500) and threw in quite a good french bow.

I had my first lesson today with the same guy from the Philharmonic that helped me so much. We really connected and he was a really nice guy, we even ran about 45 mins late on an hour lesson!

My initial feeling is: "Geez, these things are hard to play, but they sound so good!" . So here are the pics you've all been waiting for:

2. s7on3d

s7on3d

Jun 26, 2002
    Ra'anana, Israel
    A nicer pic of the front:

3. s7on3d

s7on3d

Jun 26, 2002
    Ra'anana, Israel
    The back of the bass:

4. s7on3d

s7on3d