Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my new rickenbacker

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by bigbass, Nov 24, 2001.

1. watt (or anyone who can help),
    i just brought home my first rickenbacker bass that i scored used for a nice econo price. nice natural finish, two inputs, one for the "rick sound" one for stanard...real nice piece. the thing is it needs a neck adjustment as the action is way to high (probably perfect for you watt!). so i took the truss rod plate off on the head stock to give it a tweek and what do i find but TWO TRUSS RODS!!! i totally forgot that ricks were like this.
    now watt, i know that kira uses a rickenbacker and i was wondering if you may know how to go about tweeking this thing. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

chris

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Not to steal Mr. Watt's thunder, but you may want to take a look at The Rickenbacker Forum. Trussrod adjustment can be a bit tricky on older models, but it's well covered there.

Enjoy the Ric!

3. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

mister heavyduty,

good advice. truss rod adjustment can be tricky and a double truss rod even trickier! be careful to prevent any neck warp.

on bass, watt