Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Rig, it's so rockin' and killer

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, May 7, 2002.

1. I just got my new Rig thanks to Gard, thanks man, you rock. I got me an Aguilar DB750 and a GS410 cab. This thing is so smokin' it's not even funny. I got it yesterday after waiting almost 2 months, and even though it was long, it was well worth it.

This thing has so much headroom, the 410 cab has great lows and punch and clarity i just love it. I'm really not exactly sure what to say exact it's just so good! :D

http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/bin/viewimage.x/00000000/mrfortunecookie/Picture002.jpg

2. Doesn't the rule where you share your new rig with other TalkBassers apply here?

3. you mean for TB'ers to come over and try it out? Shoot, if you guys wanna do that, it's all good.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    NICE rig there! I dig the Aggie stuff. It's no Eden, but hey, not much is...:)

How's that bad boy sound to YOU? I know how it sound to me, how do you take it?

Oh, and what, pray tell, are you upgraded from? I'm sure that's a big ol' horkin (horkin?) step up!

5. How does it sound to me? Full, thick, and punchy and ballsy all at the same time. Exactly what the doctor ordered.

What am i upgrading from? You ready for this one? Brace yourself. A Hartke 2115 Combo amp. :eek:

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That's one hell of a step up. Hope you like hights! :D

(I went from a Crate B80XL to an Eden WT-300+D410XLT...also a hell of a step!)

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ah yes, aguilar. now we should call you king fortune cookie :D

actually, then your initials would be kfc, which is a good thing.

nice rig :)

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    TWO MONTHS? And I'll bet that rat bastrich Gard told you, "Ohhh yes, we have two in stock. I'll ship it today."

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Dang it! I get so wrapped up in my wise-a$$ remarks, that I forget to say, "CONGRATULATIONS, man!" Now I've got GAS for that used D-410XLT, AND a danged Aguilar DB750. Dang!

10. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Congrats Dude! I'm glad you like it...I know you waited quite a while for it...

Your quest for tone is over...

...or is it?;)

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    nice, cookie,

what basses are you running with that?

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Ackshulee, I told 'im I'd have it do him the day before he ordered it! ;) Of course, he ordered it yesterday in my little alternate universe, and he got it Monday. Therefore I lived up to my promise! :p

MFC, thanks so much for your patience. I wish I'd had a couple in stock when you ordered, so you could have had it right away. I'm glad to hear it's as happenin' for you as it has been for everyone else. I can't wait to hear one myself...(we have't had one in the shop long enough to open the box and give it a test drive! :eek: )

Kudos to the PJ twins (Rubal & LaMariana), Dave Boonschoft, and the crew at Aguilar for all the hard work to get these critters out to the huddled masses.

bassmonkeee is next!!!! :D (and I'll finally get to hear one!!!!)

13. Currently i'm running a Czech Spector 5 string and on occasion, a crap ESP F-205 that i defretted, but i'm currently working with Ganttbos and i'm planning to by his MTD 535. :D

14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    :D

I played one, I played one!!!

Just put bassmonkeee's DeeBee Sebbin-Fiddy through the BC obstacle course test (with his prior permission, of course! ;) ).

Whoo....nice amp! :D

Very input dynamics sensitive, I really like it a lot. Nice fat warm tones, easy to find the sounds you're looking for. Almost makes me sorry I got my Demeter/Eden rig and didn't wait to hear it....ALMOST! ;)

bassmonkeee, just 3 days now....

15. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    sounds sweet!

any gigs in the NYC metro area??? i'd love to see how my Elrick whomps thru it! hehe.... :D

16. Nothing planned yet, since i currently am inbetween bands, but, i can probably bring it up with me next time i go to NY. I just gotta get a rack case first.

17. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    These DB 750 posts are driving me crazy. I think any post mentioning the acquisition of said device must be deleted.:D
    I have yet to try one, which I guess will lead to owing one. I just have to decide which kidney I want to sell. :)
    Have some serious fun with that thing!
    Are there no casters on the gs ?

18. Stachio,
    If you're comin' to the Atlanta get-together this Saturday, you will get to experience bassmonkeee's DB750, along with an assortment of Aguilar cabinets -- bassmonkeee's pair of GS112s and my GS210 and GS212.
    The 2x12 has casters, but the 2x10 and 1x12 don't.

19. Blux

Blux

Feb 5, 2002
    Philadelphia, Pa.
    Congratulations KingFC.

Amazing rig.

If you have a TB get-together put me on the list if you will. I’ve met one other TB’er from around Philadelphia who has a very good band. Perhaps we could get a number of us to take in his next gig.

Dennis

20. The GS410 also has casters, but the weight still doesn't make it easy to transport when it comes to going up and down steps.

And Blux, that sounds like a cool idea. Actually, if i can find out in time, i am playing at a coffee house tommorow night. Maybe you can come if you're not busy. Let me find out the name and then i can get back to you either by posting it here or by PM'ing you. It'll only be 3 songs.

As for the Philly get together. That doesn't sound like a bad idea. We should figure out how many people we have here in Philly or in the area and then we can make plans. I'm game for that, we can probably use my house for the staging area too.