Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Rig, Thanks Guys

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lazlo Panaflex, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Lazlo Panaflex

Lazlo Panaflex

Sep 30, 2003
    Thanks guys I just got it up and have been playing with it all night.

Guitar center was having a blowout sale and i got that 1X15 for $350.00!

I might have to take the head in for some cleaning though, i hear a kind of fuzz in it whenever i play. Or is this normal?

Anyways to everyone who answered my dumb questions. I really appreciate it.

[​IMG]

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Nice!

Musicman through eden is a beautiful thing!

3. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Good lookin' rig indeed.

As far as that fuzz goes, how high are your treble settings on your head and bass preamp? High treble leads to a lot more audible noise on the line. Try knockin' them down a little bit, and see if the fuzz goes away.

4. Lazlo Panaflex

Lazlo Panaflex

Sep 30, 2003
    There both at 12 o clock. I beginning to think it just needs a good cleaning :)

5. Lazlo Panaflex

Lazlo Panaflex

Sep 30, 2003
    Oh yeah, I searched but should i connect to them to the amp series or parallel?

6. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Unless you make some custom cables, you can't hook them up in series. What's the impedance of the cabs - 4 or 8 ohm?

7. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Is it fuzz, or is it hiss? Did this sound just start when you added the new cab?

Try using the attenuator for the tweeter to see if that helps. If not, I'm sure there's people on the forum who could help.

BTW, nice rig.

8. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Is that an SVT3pro? Can't tell by the picture. If so IMO the fuzz is normal for that amp, especially when pushing a 4 ohm load. I went through 3 new SVT 3pro's before deciding to switch to the B4r. Do a search on SVT3pro and look back abiout 2 years ago. you will see my threads about my experience along with others. In short I tried every setting on the amp and could not get rid of the fuzz sound. ( made me want to play innagoddadavida baby :D )Had Ampeg send me a new one from the factory, same problem. When to a different store and tried one, same thing. Returned the SVT3 pro for a B4r and am now happy.

9. Lazlo Panaflex

Lazlo Panaflex

Sep 30, 2003
    Thanks for the replys,

I was wondering weather i should Hook each cab into the back of the amp, Or hook the 15 into the 2x10 then into the amp

1x15>Amp<2x10

1x15>2x10>Amp

Jive1, the sound is a hiss that is very noticiable at higher notes. I thought at first it was the tube gain, but even with it all the way off i still cant get a "clean" high note.

cb56, Yeah its a Svt3 Pro, both cabs are 8 ohms so does that equal an 4 ohm load? Thanks ill definetly search for your threads.

10. Danny - Did you check the input jack as I mentioned earlier ??

11. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I'm not completely sure about the SVT, but with most amps there is no difference between plugging both speakers into the back of the amp, or running a cable from one cab to the other. In both situations, the cabs are wired in parallel. If the cabs are wired in parallel, then the two 8 ohm cabs will result in a 4 ohm load.

To see if it is input jack, like Kirksfangs said, I would jiggle the input a little while plugged in to see if it makes a difference.

12. Lazlo Panaflex

Lazlo Panaflex

Sep 30, 2003
    lol, kirk you are the man. I completely forgot about it.

Ill go ahead and take it in and have it checked out :)

Jive1, thanks that clears some things up.

13. Lazlo Panaflex

Lazlo Panaflex

Sep 30, 2003
    BTW, KIRKSFANGS is an excellent seller.

and the rig sounds awesome :D

Thanks Kirk!

14. cods

cods

Sep 16, 2003
    what kind of "sound" do edens have?

15. No Sweat,Dan - You handled your end of the deal squarely as well. Best of luck with the new rig - should sound killer !! Kirk