My new rig (thanks to Gard)!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassplayer7770, Nov 6, 2003.

1. I now play through an Eden WT-400 head (signed by Traa Daniels of P.O.D.) going through two Aguilar GS112 cabs. I play two four strings (Yamaha BB1500A and Reverend Rumblefish). So far I'm loving it. It's very versatile and should have all the volume I'll need.

Thanks, Gard! You rock!
  2. The Eden heads sound great. I'm sure the 550 is even better than the 400.

Just curious, what basses do you use? At what level do you usually set the tweeter on the cabs? Do you EQ on your amp?

I have only used the rig once live so far (the second time will be tonight), and I usually just use the tweeter on the top cab and don't turn it up real high (maybe 9 o'clock). Since my teacher has had me plucking more aggressively I haven't been EQing my amp (except maybe if I need that 800 Hz boost for definition).
  3. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    sounds nice! i use an eden metro on top of a d-115xlt. i leave the eq set flat and dime out the enhance control...i have my amp set up this way on both channels. my streamer lx 4 string is set flat, pan set at 50%/50% and volume dimed, my zon sonus special 5, i have to roll the treble back a bit and give a bit of bass boost, the thumb 6 stays flat and my rockwood curbow 6 stays flat. i get a lot of different sounds, but i think the amp sounds best with everything in the middle. i hate twiddlin' knobs...oh yeah, i go to about 10 o'clock on both tweets.
  4. Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    I've been hearing alot about the GS112's and am really thinking about going and testing them out. I just have a question for the GS112 users, how many do you use? What setting are they being used in? How loud is the band your in? and how many watts do you feed them? I'm in a medium loud alternative rock band (311 meets Incubus and black crows) and a loud hardcore/ psycodelic band. And was wondering if two would do the job, or maybe 3. Thanks
  5. Awesome. Thanks!:)

Thanks, neptoon.

Thanks, Josh.

Saetia, here are my answers to your questions:

How many do you use? 2
    What setting? Rock cover band and Pop Rock original band currently. Perhaps Jazz soon.
    How loud is your band? Loud enough. I DI into the PA as well.
    How many watts do you use? I have an Eden WT-400, so 400 watts into 4 ohms (two GS112 cabs). Last night I only used one cab and still had plenty of stage volume.