Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MY new Rig with pics

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Vacant, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Vacant

Vacant

Dec 27, 2004
    Mesa/Boogie Mpulse 600 I got used for 800 with pedal
    [​IMG]
    Aggie GS410 cab I got for 870
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love it and it sounds great
    It really suites almost any style of music and let me tell you, this thing is a beast, 600 watts it alot of power hahahaha.
    I will probably just post a short clip of me playing to give you guys and idea of how it sounds

2. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Very nice rig, but if you're playing out, I'd suggest getting that Mesa amp in a rack case soon.

3. I'm hoping to pick up an M-Pulse 360 soon. How much does that weigh?

4. Vacant

Vacant

Dec 27, 2004
    The head weights about 30 pounds, its not very heavy

5. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    +1
    also...not to be annoying, but i hope you're using better instrument cables than that. I know cables don't make a huge difference, but those kinds of generic speaker cables have been known to break up and kill sound when used for bass or guitar.

6. Vacant

Vacant

Dec 27, 2004
    I have a monster bass cable now haha, 21 foot,
    what are some good racks for my mesa?

7. +1. I'm interested in lightweight rack bags or a hard rack with wheels. Suggetions?

8. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

Very nice ...enjoy....

9. drd07

drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    Mesa makes a good 2 space rack. I use on with my mesa 600. It has an outer nylon cover with vents on the top and sides and has a carrying handle on the side.

10. Vacant

Vacant

Dec 27, 2004
    links, to a site that carries them?

11. Nice rig!
    I'm looking into possibly getting a GS410 as well.

12. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    ncie rig, goo dluck with it.

question-

what is the affiliation of "mesa/boogie" and just "mesa"? Is your head actually a "mesa/boogie mpulse?" Or, is the boogie a series of models made by "mesa"? or a different company altogether? obviously i never owned any of their products, but i have plyed with guys with the mesa/boogies (a killer guitar combo imo).

13. why does he need to rack it so bad?

14. Vacant

Vacant

Dec 27, 2004
    They were two seperate companies but they merged some years ago, I believe you can still find some of their older stuff around somewhere.

15. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    I thought they got this name thus: they were called Mesas, but when Carlos Santana tried one out, he famously said, "This amp really boogies!" and they were thus known as boogies ever since.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/US/Smith/our_story.html

16. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    so were MESA and BOOGIE 2 companies that merged, OR was it MESA and MESA/BOOGIE that merged?

"hey, they have MESA in their name too, let's just buy em!"

thanks

17. drd07

drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    Check out mesa's website for links to the rack. I picked my mpulse 600 used and the guy I bought it from included a rack. It's a sweet case. If you want pics of it I can send some to you so you can check it out. Let me know.

18. Vacant

Vacant

Dec 27, 2004
    that would be great

Distantpalefuture@gmail.com

19. That's a killer rig. Man i wish we had prices like that here in Australia.